Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3 In OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Folks as a Leaf fan for 45 years I can tell you right now this team will never win a cup again. This team is truly cursed. Harold Ballard cursed this team and we suffer the most humiliating defeats and we are the laughing stock of the NHL. We get good players and they fall apart or don't show.

We get leads and we blow in epic fashion. We are the butt of jokes plain and simple.

No matter what this team does it will be cursed until we find the next Bill Barilko or Ballards dead dog remains something.

I don't even get mad anymore. We know it will happen its just how it will happen.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs snatched defeat from the hands of victory. :banghead:

3-0 and clear sailing and chased the CBJ goalie.

Unbelievable.

Well now the Leafs have to rebound, shake this off and come out strong tomorrow and tie this back up again.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Not only did they blow it, but they let the puke who hurt Muzzin do it.

Insult to injury.

If they win the series, I’ll definitely be cheering against them from now on. Running Andersen all night, too.

I can deal with the fact that they aren't as good as they think they are but the fact that no one shows any pushback when Andy keeps getting run is infuriating and inexcusable.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Maybe it’s fitting we are eliminated. This loser team wasn’t making the actual playoffs anyway.

horner

May 22, 2007
I would love to stop watching this team but they are in my DNA .
It really sucks.

Reactions: MJK

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
As of right now, I’m leaning towards not watching tomorrow’s game.

I just can’t do it. I’m tired of the emotional labour that comes with cheering for this team. Time and time again this team shits in my mouth and I just keep coming back for more. If they win tomorrow (as f***ing if lmao) I’ll come back for game 5 . But based on how I feel right now, I’ll spend my Friday evening doing something less aggravating. When I check the score later tomorrow night I’ll either be pleasantly surprised or I’ll be patting myself on the back for making a wise decision.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This team has a core problem boys and girls.
I'm out.
Disgrace
See ya til tomorrow I guess.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Book is out on Freddy...low blocker...even the weak goal in game 1 is low blocker...2 low blocker goals tonight...and is Marner going to score? Please don't tell me about assist when he's paid that much...so Matty is the only legit shooter out of Hyman-Matthews-Marner?

Reactions: rumman and ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If they don’t get the number one pick they sit out round one of the draft.
88 probably needs some new scenery.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
There are nights I truly f***ing hate this team and ending up a fan of it.

How do they f*** this up? Columbus had scored 1 goal on a goalie in 3 games. They had to let them quadruple their goalie scoring in half a game to blow this. And yet...wow they pulled it off! Forget comparing this team to Washington. I don't think it took Washington several attempts to win a single series. If it did, well congrats to them for pulling it off in the end. But my god...this team has the mental fortitude of tissue paper.

Reactions: Matthews34

Leafsforever89

Apr 22, 2017
we are all insane to believe another outcome in the situation they found themselves in by the end of the third.

still waiting for the day i can put any stock in the team as a whole product.

think we are done boys, we shall see tomorrow. at least they are the home team :S
Wrong. Columbus is home team again tomorrow. Leafs are home for game 5.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This team is a f***ing joke. Kerfoot was garbage tonight, Kapanen as well. Ceci/Marincin do not belong anywhere near a NHL roster. I'm done with with this team, i hope they lose by 10 tomorrow and we fire dumbass already, this guy wouldn't recognize the word "defence" if it slapped him in the face. Holl and Barrie were garbage again. Only 2 actual NHL caliber D-men on our blue line tonight.

Marner/Matthews should've had more to show on the stat sheet.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Losers find ways to lose, simple as that. They burned all their mulligans, we’ll see if they show up tomorrow.

The Marner contract is a problem. The Mikheyev experiment in the top 6 needs to end. Robertson deserves a chance. Do or die tomorrow!

Reactions: KaberLeaf

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
At this point we've all been crushed enough ... its like water off a duck's back.

No idea what to expect tomorrow... well... I do but I'm a Leaf fan... so I'll be watching.

Reactions: Nineteen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad