Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I’m comparing what they’re paid not how good they are so that comparison what was Bergeron paid when he was 22 compared to Nylander?

Okay now you're comparing the salary of a player from a season that was nearly 15 years ago than the current one.. lol cmon now.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
You think his teammates accept that play?. Are you actually defending him?
im sure his teammates are fine with him, players make mistakes all the time, including marner, matthews, JT andersen etc etc.

you need to step back from the ledge my man, its just a game..you losing your mind wont effect the team in anyway, you just come off looking silly.

Reactions: saffronleaf

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Letting a point blank pass go and then not pursuing tells me he either doesn’t care or is cheating. There is no excuse for that. And it can’t be defended.
Cheating as in the Chicago Black Sox? Any way the play you mention was just despicable. Even worse than the own goal. I don't understand why the fans continue to put up with it.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
We just literally played game 5 where we completely shutdown Boston, which is not our style at all, and everyone was saying Babs is a genius and there was a thread about if Babs plays possum during the regular season. You have to be kidding me with these hot takes.
Yes but it’s hard to understand how flat they were tonight after that game. That’s not on Babcock although playing Marleau so much in the last 5 minutes is.

Last edited:
Reactions: AreBe

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Babs is stubborn, but often he is right. I don't think he's right about Marleau. I also don't think Moore on the 3rd line would make a huge difference and I really like Moore, but he's killing it on that 4th line.

Agreed. The lines are fine. Seeing Marleau on the ice with 2:30 minutes left made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Reactions: AreBe and socko

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The Leafs need a Kawhi Leonard, freaking Kawhi Leonard, and need a Kawhi Leonard type player to go all Kawhi Leonard on Boston
The Raptors brought it tonight, the Leafs did not, and in my view, the way the Leafs played was a sin
The way the Leafs started, you'd think they were all hungover after a heavy night of drinking and then a flight from Austen.

The Leafs should have taken care of business like their MLSE stablemates did:
Magic fall to potent Raptors at Amway Center, reach brink of playoff elimination
The Raptors threw the hammer down and beat Orlando like a mule. When will the Leafs do this?
To be fair one team played the 7th seed, the other played the 3rd best team in the league standings wise.....it's not like anyone expected a close series between the magic and the raptors lol

Reactions: AreBe

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
im sure his teammates are fine with him, players make mistakes all the time, including marner, matthews, JT andersen etc etc.

you need to step back from the ledge my man, its just a game..you losing your mind wont effect the team in anyway, you just come off looking silly.

Did you see the play in question? He didn’t make mistake, he flat out didn’t even try.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Cheating as in the Chicago Black Sox? Any way the play you mention was just despicable. Even worse than the own goal. I don't understand why the fans continue to put up with it.

I don’t think they saw it. It’s indefensible.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Okay now you're comparing the salary of a player from a season that was nearly 15 years ago than the current one.. lol cmon now.
Sorry my friend but there’s nothing I can say if you love the player. You believe in him. I see a lazy, uninspired overpaid player. I care about how he is playing now, not how he might play next year. He may be better next year, he may not.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
The Leafs need a Kawhi Leonard, freaking Kawhi Leonard, and need a Kawhi Leonard type player to go all Kawhi Leonard on Boston
The Raptors brought it tonight, the Leafs did not, and in my view, the way the Leafs played was a sin
The way the Leafs started, you'd think they were all hungover after a heavy night of drinking and then a flight from Austen.

The Leafs should have taken care of business like their MLSE stablemates did:
Magic fall to potent Raptors at Amway Center, reach brink of playoff elimination
The Raptors threw the hammer down and beat Orlando like a mule. When will the Leafs do this?

Perhaps when their superstar players are in their mid to late 20's and in the middle of their prime. Matthews, Marner are both 21, Nylander is 22 (not a superstar), leafs were crap before those 3 became regulars.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Bergeron was 22 in 2008, what exactly did he have to his name in 2008? oh ya nothing.

Nice of you to write off a player when he's still just 22 though.
Age doesn’t have anything to do with it. Most of their top players are young and so are most of the top players in the league. So many fans disparage older players because they consider them too old but then make excuses for younger players. Can’t have it both ways.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Here it is:

When I saw it live I didn’t believe I saw what I saw. Then, there it is.
Let’s not be too hard on him. You nor I could play in that game so we can’t possibly understand what he’s feeling.

Reactions: socko

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
To be fair JT and bergeron have essentially neutralized eachother. Matthews benefits from this. It's kinda like Crosby and Malkin

Didn't someone post the stats with JT against Bergeron and Matthews against Bergeron and Matthew's had the better matchup stats vs that line?

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Boston caught lighting in a jar when they won, great for them but let's not pretend it's a repeatable strategy.
Being a top team that makes the playoff gives you a chance but you have to win a round. It’s not luck. It’s playing hard when it counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Here it is:

I remember this play well, and I said to my wife, "I think Nylander just avoided taking the pass as he saw a Bruin player there and was afraid to get hit".

This Leafs team needs some sandpaper and balance in their lineup, of this I have been consistent. Regardess of the outcome of this series.

That said, I also said the Bruins was the worst match up for them. If they can squeak by....who knows...

Reactions: Ports and socko

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Ignoring actual reality like a true Leaf apologist. Being s top team that makes the playoff gives you a chance but you have to win a round. It’s not luck. It’s playing hard when it counts.
Hockey is a very lucky sport though. There has been studies that have proven this.

Reactions: biotk

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Serious question? How old are you? You sound like a 14 year old.

I've seen a lot of trash performances on a lot of trash Leafs teams. I never fantasized about beating the living **** out of a player for having a bad game.

Not to mention that I'm sure even soft ass Nylander is going to be able to take you.

59..go look at the play above. That’s borderline unacceptable in a preseason game.

Reactions: Luckylarry

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Is NHE really a thing? @AreBe
As real as the NBE! The Raptors are DEAD LAST in free- throws and it's all WWE underneath the basket, even Kawhi Leonard denied his 'and 1s'

But the NBA /E is much better at it (game fixing since the star system in the early 1980's and the need to 'keep broadcast partners happy') than the NHL/E, especially that Game 2 gong show. Sure, US TV networks would rather American teams advance, but not through legitimacy killing gong show! Not even good for NBC!

Not a single penalty for Patrice Bergeron, not by accident! Patrice Bergeron free to take his runs

It's a conspiracy theory, don't you see?!

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I don’t think they saw it. It’s indefensible.

I am well aware of the play. I wondered out loud wtf he was doing at the time, and then immediately hit the back button on my PVR and watched the play another two times. But as it occurred with 2 1/2 minutes left in the second and yet he still got another shift before the end of the period I am pretty sure that there was some kind of communications mix up or something. Babs has had no problem benching Nylander and he didn't here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia