Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2..

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
Thats clutch for Kessel to still hit the post imo. Must be a confident raiser to hit the post anyways, at least the goalie was beat.

As frustrating to watch Kessel battle for loose pucks, good to see him get a goal.

Kadri impressed.

Bad game overall and the refs were brutal.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ugh, Montreal and Ottawa both won tonight. Montreal has widened the gap while Ottawa is tied with us.

Need to increase the separation.

Btw Tampa's goal horn is ****ing annoying.

Ottawa is no threat at all...they wont make the playoffs with Spezza and Karlsson out. It's good that they're winning...keep them away from a good draft pick.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Perhaps all these road games are starting to catch up to them Be nice to have the Habs schedule were you go out once in a blue moon and play a road game so you aren't as beat down with the travelling.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
This is why Scrivens probably won't ever be a full-time NHL goalie.

He's so prone to allowing weak goals. He'll be incredible for the a while, and then suddenly, BAM, ****** goal.

Still fine with him as the backup. He can handle a game once in a while.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ben Scrivens had an awful game. There's no defending it.

C3Si6UZ.png

It looks bad because Tampa didn't really have many shots.

What they had was 2 great chances on which they capitalized.

I'd blame him on the last 2 goals...the one that squeaked in and the PP goal.

It's not a big deal though, after the last few games, he was bound to have a bad game sooner or later.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
Perhaps all these road games are starting to catch up to them Be nice to have the Habs schedule were you go out once in a blue moon and play a road game so you aren't as beat down with the travelling.

They have had it very easy early on for sure.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Leafs finally actually play a great defensive game for maybe the first time all season, and the goalie pulls a stinker. Bad goaltending can crush a good defensive performance just like good goaltending can save a bad one. Every mistake ended up in the net tonight, and it's hard to win when that happens.

Ah well, Scrivens earned himself a stinker.

And Kadri is the best. Just the best.

Killer Jr.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
3 games in 4 nights for a youngster like Scrivens is a lot to handle too .. He cracked after a couple great games by allowing a couple iffy goals

.. But hey I'd rather him let in a couple softies once every 3 games, than one softy in each of those three games

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Ben Scrivens had an awful game. There's no defending it.

C3Si6UZ.png

Players can get under his skin easily it seems. He took a tripping penalty and his focus on the third goal was apparent. He needs to keep his composure and drown out the extra noise.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
As frustrating to watch Kessel battle for loose pucks, good to see him get a goal.

Those board battles, or lack thereof, really irritate me as well. But it is what it is.

Scrivens had a bad game. Very low shot totals until about the midway point of the third.

Leafs turned it on after the Kessel goal, but too little too late. I think it showed that Tampa's defense could be shaken if the Leafs had that sort of pressure consistently throughout the game.

Grabo finally scored, Kulemin has to start doing so as well.

Kadri is becoming the heart of this team.

Holzer and Phaneuf had rough games.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
It looks bad because Tampa didn't really have many shots.

What they had was 2 great chances on which they capitalized.

I'd blame him on the last 2 goals...the one that squeaked in and the PP goal.

It's not a big deal though, after the last few games, he was bound to have a bad game sooner or later.

The third goal that he allowed is unacceptable at this level of hockey. It was typical Toskala/Raycroft. Not good enough.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Not a bad game.. weak goal by Scrivens.. but he's not a veteran.. so that's cool. Brodeur never got 48 straight shutouts. Can't believe the Habs beat the Rangers 3-1.. and beat Carolina last night.. some BS if you ask me!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
What I like about this year, we have some good leadership and we'll bounce back.

Carlyle is too much of a D$($ to let his team slide. He'll be really upset with this effort.

Montreal has so many home games, we'll see how they play in March

Ottawa, well, sooner or later, rest of the league will catch up with their injuries

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Unfortunate really.

We played pretty well, But 1 mistake(by Dion) set the tone of the game and we chased it from there.

then Scrivens pulled one out from Toskala's play book.

The good for me was

Kadri
Grabo

and everyone in the last 4 minutes. Something to build on for Thursday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad