Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021
It's the playoffs. Who doesn't play hard other than the Leafs I guess?

True but everyone - including Vegas pegged the Habs as significant (+700) to win the series vs. the Leafs - I said, it's probably even considering how the rivalry is genetically baked into the Habs Franchise.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Leafs largely owned possession of puck the entire series. It makes sense that Habs have more hits than Leafs. Pay attention.
Owning possession in the last 10 min of a game they were chasing is not where they got out hit. Montreal set the tone early and often, when neither team established possession. We got hit every time we touched the puck. When they touched the puck, we just skated by. Please watch game 6 again..

ECYCLE

Dec 19, 2011
Owning possession in the last 10 min of a game they were chasing is not where they got out hit. Montreal set the tone early and often, when neither team established possession. We got hit every time we touched the puck. When they touched the puck, we just skated by. Please watch game 6 again..
Then why did you bring up the overall series hit stats? If you use the overall series hit series, then you have your answer. You can only make your assertion if you see the hit totals for the entire series.

Stop making something out of nothing.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'll post this in the GDT when it's up:

In 2010 the Bruins collapse to Philadelphia stung worse than any other loss.
Previously, the Bruins had choked to the Hurricanes and Canadiens in devastating fashion and the fans were calling for heads to roll.
Many believed the core of a young Krejci, Rask, Bergeron and new Captain Chara were unable to win when it mattered.

Then game 7 against Montreal.
It went to OT.
Everyone thought Subban's goal meant that Price was going to steal it and this team was going to choke once again.
Horton scored.
The Bruins went on to win two more game 7s.
The Bruins won the Cup that same year.
They went to the finals two more times since that game 7 against Montreal.
Bergeron was Matthews' age.
Marchand was a rookie.

Believe in your team finally (to borrow from the Burrows goal that finally had the Canucks overcome the Blackhawks) 'slay the dragon.'

This lift from winning game seven only comes from these kids not wanting to lose like they have learned to lose before. They don't want that sting again.

They will find a way to win tonight for their fans and themselves.

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
Isn't that why they have thorton..grey beard looks stupid on him..what is he a 65 year old van Halen fan, simmons....hitting isn't hard to do
So your saying that Babcock was the issue..Fred anderson..now its the gm...if I didn't know any better..id think with such issues they were 20 and 36 ...or avg at best in league?? So if tor won game 5 in ot we r dancing. But they lost 2 ot games and team.blows ??

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
True but everyone - including Vegas pegged the Habs as significant (+700) to win the series vs. the Leafs - I said, it's probably even considering how the rivalry is genetically baked into the Habs Franchise.
Um..please tell me it was a typo??? I follow lines more then a bookie....the habs were not plus 700 in the series. Toronto on road was around 150 to 160..at home minus 220 on avg..I believe tonight is minus 200 toronto mont plus 175. Series i think was toronto minus 310..montreal plus 240. No way Habs were plus 700...what is this rice vs ohio st football??

Reactions: Gallagbi

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Then why did you bring up the overall series hit stats? If you use the overall series hit series, then you have your answer. You can only make your assertion if you see the hit totals for the entire series.

Stop making something out of nothing.
You got the wrong guy dude. I watched game 5 and 6. We were passive both games. Looking back at the past 3 years. Kadri and Kap were the only forwards that check the opposition. Go further back and the only other guy was Martin.

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
Yesxtoronto was a big favorite when up 3 to 1..they lost 2 ot games and price was great game 7. Not sure where do see issues...just cause you trade Marner...the return value might be worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad