Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Imagine how meaningless the entire regular season will feel next year if they lose tomorrow. No matter how well they do in the regular season they will still just be a bunch of playoff chokers.
If they lose I will never ever defend this team again. no matter how much other fans rip into them. if they lose tomorrow there's nothing left to stand on. will be official. The Toronto Maple Leafs will in fact be the biggest joke in the NHL. If they already aren't after the Zamboni driver loss.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Imagine how meaningless the entire regular season will feel next year if they lose tomorrow. No matter how well they do in the regular season they will still just be a bunch of playoff chokers.

I have to believe there will be changes to the "core", possibly even management if they lose game 7.

I can see Marner headed out the door. Maybe Keefe for playing him and Dubas for handing him a ridiculous contract.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Agreed. I get letting players go at it in 50/50 situations a bit more. This hit, however, is the exact hit the league wants out of the game.

Yeah too bad we didn't get a powerplay for that hit and then proceed to spend 2 minutes waffling the puck around trying to gain the zone and setup.

That was definitely the difference in the game :laugh:

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Which interview? there are so many
And did he care in any off them you seen just wants to go play as PS 5 Does he play like crap because he’s not getting paid and in the season when he gets paid he plays OK wonder if there’s something to that

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Im telling you I'm bad luck and I can prove it.
I got annoyed so I turned the game off and then Muzzin scores 2 back to back and ties it up. I turn it back on we lose in OT
again last night. turned it off again and boom leafs make a come back tie it up. I turn it back on and they lose.
I mean this almost can't get any clearer.
I prob shouldn't watch the game tomorrow.
Well I was getting my haircut when Willie, Spezza and Jumbo scored in Game 4. Maybe it is time to cut my hair again, lol.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Two teams built for the playoffs. You have a problem with that?
Jets is not build for the playoffs. They got a top 3 goalie, their defence is worse than the Leafs with Barrie and Ceci.
Canes is build the right way but it is also bc their goalie is playing like a Top 3 goalie this past season.
AM and Marner need to put up or just shut up with their excuses. They both need to do a lot more.

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
In what phase of his career has Mitch ever been a goal scorer. His role has always been a set up man. Look at his assist totals throughout his career. He has led/near the top of the league in primary assist, every year. Our goal scorers are not finishing. We have no D man with a shot that goalies fear. So you are asking our best setup man to shoot, when all the shooters are loaded with empty chambers. You're only knocking him because of his contract.
17 playoff games no goals is pathetic. He has scored in regular season. At this rate, Bob nystrom, Bob Bourne, and John tonelli score more then him in playoffs

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
huge deal? nope i will just do other things with my time. and im not sure what ur "matthews was in grade 9" stuff is about, the leafs have done it 4straight years with matthews and marner...
Matthews isn't going anywhere...yes without puck he has weaknesses and it won't change. Real playoff performer tonite..Nathan Mackinnon

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
I equate skill with the whole package not just one facet of the game. I watch a lot of other hockey and I am not seeing near as many brain dead sloppy passes and poor decisions from the other teams. Aren't passing and decision making a skill? Leafs are showing me nothing that suggests they are the more skilled team at this point which is a hard realization for me. I kinda feel ripped off in a way and that I have been sold a lemon.
I'm fine getting on case of toronto, both OT goals were kind of luck fluke..2 on 0 very unlikely in a game and last night off a stick.

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
Im telling you I'm bad luck and I can prove it.
I got annoyed so I turned the game off and then Muzzin scores 2 back to back and ties it up. I turn it back on we lose in OT
again last night. turned it off again and boom leafs make a come back tie it up. I turn it back on and they lose.
I mean this almost can't get any clearer.
I prob shouldn't watch the game tomorrow.
So such thing as bad luck..jinxes...hope u r kidding

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Matthews isn't going anywhere...yes without puck he has weaknesses and it won't change. Real playoff performer tonite..Nathan Mackinnon
i never said he was, in fact i never advocated for trading any specific player lol. only that changes need to be made if we lose. and ye makinnon makes me jealous :(

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
Jets is not build for the playoffs. They got a top 3 goalie, their defence is worse than the Leafs with Barrie and Ceci.
Canes is build the right way but it is also bc their goalie is playing like a Top 3 goalie this past season.
AM and Marner need to put up or just shut up with their excuses. They both need to do a lot more.
AM Very overrated without puck he has mega average at best..with puck the best

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
i never said he was, in fact i never advocated for trading any specific player lol. only that changes need to be made if we lose. and ye makinnon makes me jealous :(
Avs beat second best team by 6 goals.. wow..wow times 44

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This is an idea for now and future. Can't the Leafs just watch videos of Avs PP and just copy it. It is not like the Leafs lacks talent to copy Avs style.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Brutal game in another deciding game .. Habs were desperate and wanted it more .. well deserved won for them .. we wanted to play video games

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
17 playoff games no goals is pathetic. He has scored in regular season. At this rate, Bob nystrom, Bob Bourne, and John tonelli score more then him in playoffs
So is a GM that builds a team where no one knows how to hit. We were outhit by some astronomical #. NHL stats list our incidental contact as hits"SO LAUGHABLE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad