Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
I don’t know what you’re watching he hasn’t scored in 18 games you got to be a troll go back to the Montreal Board or you need glasses lmao just showing up and collecting $11 million Just doesn’t cut it are you related to Mitch Marner
In what phase of his career has Mitch ever been a goal scorer. His role has always been a set up man. Look at his assist totals throughout his career. He has led/near the top of the league in primary assist, every year. Our goal scorers are not finishing. We have no D man with a shot that goalies fear. So you are asking our best setup man to shoot, when all the shooters are loaded with empty chambers. You're only knocking him because of his contract.

Reactions: hoglund

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
In what phase of his career has Mitch ever been a goal scorer. His role has always been a set up man. Look at his assist totals throughout his career. He has led/near the top of the league in primary assist, every year. Our goal scorers are not finishing. We have no D man with a shot that goalies fear. So you are asking our best setup man to shoot, when all the shooters are loaded with empty chambers. You're only knocking him because of his contract.
I’m asking because I don’t know. How has Mitch’s point totals compared in the first round, to other players like him?

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Not only because of his contract watch the interview with him he doesn’t really care spoiled entitled child

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Of course it's preventable......they are playing a team that doesn't come close to having the talent the Leafs have.

The only way Montreal can beat the Leafs is by putting forth a better effort and out working them.

The Leafs can prevent being beaten by outworking Montreal from the moment the puck is dropped.
I'm not so sure of the bolded part, I thought I was but not so much these days. I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that we are not as good as we thought we were, individually and collectively.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm not so sure of the bolded part, I thought I was but not so much these days. I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that we are not as good as we thought we were, individually and collectively.
Talent is not our issue

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Collectively? Maybe not.
Individually ? Leafs are far superior

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
So a team that hasn't won in 2007..2011..whatever years 7. 8. 9 years ago has something to do with today's team?? Um..matthews was in 9th grade 11 yrs ago..lol. lose 2 games in ot...I dont see the issue here . Maybe to you its a huge deal...
huge deal? nope i will just do other things with my time. and im not sure what ur "matthews was in grade 9" stuff is about, the leafs have done it 4straight years with matthews and marner...

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Collectively? Maybe not.
Individually ? Leafs are far superior
I equate skill with the whole package not just one facet of the game. I watch a lot of other hockey and I am not seeing near as many brain dead sloppy passes and poor decisions from the other teams. Aren't passing and decision making a skill? Leafs are showing me nothing that suggests they are the more skilled team at this point which is a hard realization for me. I kinda feel ripped off in a way and that I have been sold a lemon.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I have maintained my avatar even before we drafted Auston Matthews for 2 reasons:
1. too lazy to change it
2. I know what to expect from these chokers

Pretty interesting how I’ve never seen you post on the Leafs board. Come to think of it I’ve never seen the people liking your post around here either.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Damn, this cuts deep. You've always been a reasonable poster so I can't even attribute this line of thinking to the fringe elements of the fanbase. I can't imagine not watching Monday but I can't argue with how you're feeling.
A big part of the decision not to watch game 7 is that a win doesn't bring a lot of joy now because their play makes me doubt their ability to get any further in the playoffs, but another game like the last two makes me feel like anxious garbage for a few hours versus just seeing the notification at 10pm will be like ripping off a bandaid.

If they win tomorrow then go on to a convincing series win against Winnipeg, I'm sure that I'll feel fine about the team again, but right now feels like the "small sample" argument about them not being able to win in the playoffs has run its course. It's time to put up or go back to the drawing board with a major overhaul, which especially sucks because this franchise finally did the right thing by being bad, keeping their picks and not missing with those high picks. We got very lucky to land a Matthews, it might be 30 years before that happens again.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I have followed the Leafs since the early 60's and this loss has probably stung the most & while bringing a lot of truths out.

Dubas does not know how to build a team at this level and is too "attached" to his players
Keefe is a junior coach.
Our so called core is "rotten to the core"...Reilly is a brain dead clone of his mentor Phaneuf and has adopted his lazy mannerisms without the booming shot.
Marner is a pouty, spoiled kid who is scared and playing pond hockey.
Matty can't seem to get interested....probably thinking of the Arizona sun.
Nylander, while playing the best of the three can't be relied on from game to game.
And......Tavares should never have been signed. His contract will soon become a boat anchor....This core is soft and gutless. THE most important attribute is having the "will to win" none of these players have it.

We need new management. A fiery, talented coach with a winning record (Gerard Gallant?) and a new core that take up less cap space so we can spread it around.
I hate that I agree with you.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Im telling you I'm bad luck and I can prove it.
I got annoyed so I turned the game off and then Muzzin scores 2 back to back and ties it up. I turn it back on we lose in OT
again last night. turned it off again and boom leafs make a come back tie it up. I turn it back on and they lose.
I mean this almost can't get any clearer.
I prob shouldn't watch the game tomorrow.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Im telling you I'm bad luck and I can prove it.
I got annoyed so I turned the game off and then Muzzin scores 2 back to back and ties it up. I turn it back on we lose in OT
again last night. turned it off again and boom leafs make a come back tie it up. I turn it back on and they lose.
I mean this almost can't get any clearer.
I prob shouldn't watch the game tomorrow.
I'm not saying it's your fault. But if you watch tomorrow and we lose, I will blame you

Reactions: Arthur Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad