Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 2-1

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
1 of 6 points on the road trip. The cali teams are playing really well so it was a bad time to go down and play but the problems we had were just exposed by hungrier teams.

-Our lack of effort at times
-Pp struggle
-Scoring depth

Cant dwell however. Gotta keep the grind on.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
It's why when I saw Dubas smiling when doing interviews and Leaf fans thinking life was going to be easy after the 3 wins in a row, including 2 in Florida, I didn't make assumptions about this team.

Everyone thought Leafs would just go out West and come back with 5 or 6 points. Now Florida and others have a reason to be hungry again and snatch the final playoff spot. This team isn't ready for Prime Time. I don't think it ever will be in this current incarnation.

No matter how this season ends, there will be changes. The higher the Cap ceiling gets the better. I won't beat the dead horse again. Inconsistency is not a strong indication of a tough team. Anaheim had 4 Dmen out. We had little desire to get in their faces.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
This f***ing team is so infuriating.

Ceci doing dumbass things; Keefe is Babcock part 2; doesn't change shit to get things going stays f***ing status quo;

beating leafs = clog neutral zone; force dump-ins; lay body on them and leafs are toast. fold like a cheap tent

AND

to top it all; the guy that wears the "C" on the roster has a loser body language; shoulders drop all the time doesn't lead

and marner is getting on my nerves with all the turnovers

yes I am pissed off!!!
i've never dissed matthews my entire life but the time for something new is now....

the brutal turnovers this trip are on matthews, not marner and tavares.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Leafs and Panthers stumbling and bumbling to see who's lesser pretender enough to not be ripped apart by TB or BOS.

Makes the playoff formatting look ugly. Better teams hoping for WC spots

Last edited:
Reactions: MJK

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
It's like they're daring the Panthers to overtake them. Years ago when we had no skill the team would work its ass off. They'd lose most nights but it was a respectable effort. It's the opposite now. Also, wtf is wrong with Marner and Tavares? I kept my mouth shut about them all year but jesus, that's $22 million on 2 players who just give the puck away. Sure, they get points but they do nothing outside of that. You look at a team like the Bruins, their top guys and entire team play hard every night and earn their pay. Hyman and Nylander have been the only two forwards who showed up in California. Embarrassing effort on this trip.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Of all the Leaf teams I have cheered for in my lifetime, about 36, this is the one I hate the most.

Lazy mfers not willing to even match the other teams effort other than to prove that they can... which is even more insulting imo.

Whatever. Bad teams make the playoffs every year... this team would qualify as that if FLA doesn't get their shit together.

It's not that I want to watch a semi skilled blue collar thug team with no chance in hell, but you have to dislike a group that walks and talks like the 80s Oilers with their self proclaimed skill and skating, and all they really have are nice practice skills and misleading analytics.

SpungoWarrior

Mar 4, 2020
I have seen a lot of bad Leaf teams.

This one is as embarrassing as any other and they just need to press the reset button in the offseason. Trade away all the parts they can and recoup some assets. If this means we don't make the playoffs for the next two seasons and have a mini rebuild, so be it.

Anything is better than the trash we are seeing right now.

I think Marner needs to go. Matthews is the only one who should be untouchable.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Honestly I'd swap our team with the Detroit Red Wings.

At least they'll get a good draft pick and are trying to suck.

Tavares and Marner are just not players you win a Stanley cup with.
Two Ontario boys who grew up leaf fans but play with less drive or desire than their American and Swedish linemates. As least they’ll have a nice long summer waterskiing and fishing up in the muskokas and it looks like they can’t wait

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
i've never dissed matthews my entire life but the time for something new is now....

the brutal turnovers this trip are on matthews, not marner and tavares.

he had one turnover that led to the goal thats fair; but other than that marner is a turnover machine - he givesaway the puck like halloween candy

tavares has been brutal and seems to have a loser mentality

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Tavares is the guy that’s supposed to be battle tested and the “captain”. I don’t think there’s a more gutless player than him on the team.

Easily the worst captain in franchise history.

Reactions: Koolboss and MJK

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
there are no easy games in the NHL. Anaheim has beaten Colorado, Pittsburgh and the Oilers in their last six games. SJ and the Kings are two of the hottest teams in the league right now. This is just life in the modern NHL. These are still professional teams with star veteran players and lots of pride. If you guys can't stomach it find another sport I guess.

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
I am so glad I have stayed up late all these evenings so the leafs could provide zero offence to even keep my eyes open.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
1 of 6 points on the road trip. The cali teams are playing really well so it was a bad time to go down and play but the problems we had were just exposed by hungrier teams.

-Our lack of effort at times
-Pp struggle
-Scoring depth

Cant dwell however. Gotta keep the grind on.

The PP has been a piece of sh!t, especially the last 2 games...had they managed to score at least 1 goal per game, they could have won both games.

Reactions: MJK

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I know it was his first game back but Ceci might be the worst NHL player I've ever seen as far as telegraphing exactly what he's gonna do. It looks like he legitimately thinks he's slick and faking out defenders too, it's almost funny to watch.

He sucks, but doesn't even make the top 5 of our problems tonight.

Reactions: MJK and ULF_55

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Imagine naming washed up loser Tavares as your captain. Guy was was a loser with NYI as the C and he will be a loser here too. Trade him asap in the offseason before its too late, next year he will be utter total washed up plug taking up 10 mill in cap space. TRADE HIM ASAP once szn ends.

I got three words for ya because of "genius" dubas (the dumbass)

No
Trade
Clause

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Really hope Montreal or Florida go on a miracle run. Can only hear the players on this team say "we need to be better" so many times and routinely lose

As it stands now, even if we make the playoffs, we'd be lucky to get a series to 5 games vs the bolts

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad