TSN: Leafs looking to acquire players with term at the deadline, interested in Chychrun

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Connor Murphy...RHD with term and a manageable contract, also a leader in the locker room
Kevin Lankinen...back up goalie that is a UFA next year and cheap contract
for
Mrazek (Cap Dump)
Nick Ritchie (Cap Dump)
Matthew Knies, Rodion Amirov, and Joseph Woll...three quality prospects to help CHI rebuild
You had me until you included Knies. The kid is looking like he'll be a bargain power forward for the next 4 or 5 years. He may be the most untouchable prospect in the system.

Reactions: Doubledose

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
“Looking to acquire players with term”

does Dubas just not understand how the salary cap works? We don’t have the space for the players we got now…

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I don't understand Chychrun to Toronto. We are good at LD. This has to be a case of media looking for hits or a veiled Miller to Toronto rumour

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Manson (if Ducks are out of it around the deadline)
Mayfield
Murphy
Demelo (if Jets are out of it around the deadline)

The first 3 would be ideal to pair with Rielly, and the Leafs could then move Brodie to the 2nd pair with Muzzin. If they got a guy like Demelo, he would be better with Muzzin.

Rielly-Manson/Mayfield/Murphy
Muzzin-Brodie

or

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Demelo

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
JVR would probably look really nice on Tavares’ wing.

Leafs need a solid top6/9 forward who can play comfortably next to Matthews or Tavares. Also in need of a top 6 physical D
Mayfield seems like a no brainer to me plus I like the cut of Lehkonen's jib and think he would be a great addition.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Chychrun is a smart target

Its only a matter of time before a team with real assets makes a great offer

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't understand Chychrun to Toronto. We are good at LD. This has to be a case of media looking for hits or a veiled Miller to Toronto rumour

Because LD VS RD is irrelevant, the ONLY thing that matters is does he make the team better?

Nothing else matters

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Because LD VS RD is irrelevant, the ONLY thing that matters is does he make the team better?

Nothing else matters
I think Mayfield and Lehkonen make us better than Chychrun minus the assets he would cost above the cost of Mayfield and Lehk

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Leaf should looking to acquire: goalie, D, and character. With their elite skill thats the CUP?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad