Friedman: Leafs looking for waiver exempt/cleared defensemen

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Liljegren, Mete, Benn and Dahlstrom are all hurt. He's looking for someone who can be the 7th till Liljegren is back in the lineup and then be able to drop them back to the Marlies.

Maybe Calgary would part with Meloche? Or "loan"?

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wonder if a guy like Friedman from the Pens is what they're looking for. He cleared waivers the other day and was sent back to the AHL. Decent offensive ability and plays a bit like an agitator, but doesn't excel at any one thing particularly well. Overall, he's fine as a #7D who can fill in as a #6 without much issue.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I wonder if a guy like Friedman from the Pens is what they're looking for. He cleared waivers the other day and was sent back to the AHL. Decent offensive ability and plays a bit like an agitator, but doesn't excel at any one thing particularly well. Overall, he's fine as a #7D who can fill in as a #6 without much issue.
Friedman would be a good gamble.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The Leafs missed out on Valimaki. Could have had him for FREE.
Sure, they could have had him for a few minutes until he was on waivers again. Leafs are looking for someone who has cleared or who is waiver exempt so they can play for the Marlies and can be called up as deprh if needed.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I don’t think we are even looking for someone that good. We are looking for a guy we can get for just a contract. Dahlstrom who is out for the season was 10th on our depth chart.
We need a veteran who will probably stay with the marlies all year.
The only reason it’s really an issue is we also have short term injuries to a couple Dmen ahead of him and the Marlies D core is pretty young outside of Mete right now.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
To Toronto:
:leafs
-Alex Vlasic
-Alec Regula

To Chicago:
:hawks
-Alex Steeves
-Joey Anderson
No, Chicago gets a pick here. I know the Leafs have to move contracts out for each coming back but Vlasic could do what Holl does today and is still developing. Regula could be their 6 today.
Steeves is a decent prospect but Anderson doesn’t belong in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad