Friedman: Leafs looking for depth at center

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
2 of those 3 guys are already on that line, do you see them getting torched right now? no. It's because they aren't as slow as you think. Gauthier is 3rd on the Leafs in faceoff percentage. So yeah, not sure what you're looking at.

They play sheltered competition, Gauthier right now is one of the slowest skaters in the league, and you can get a lot more out of Boyle than playing bottom competition. And sorry I missed the whole 3% he is behind Bozak and I don't think Smith makes it back into the lineup so not really considering him.

Gauthier is a center 100%, it would be stupid to move him to the wing and would probably hurt his development. And as we've seen, Babcock uses him at least as much for defensive zone draws as he does Bozak

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Isn't Johnson 5-9 with declining offense?

And honestly I don't want Johnson on the leafs much at all. I'd rather not necessarily the smurfs 2.0.

Johnson would make our already below average team smaller.. Montreal got beat up and chirpped so hard for that and that's the last thing I want.

You really need to check your priorities if you're worried about trading for a player because you might get chirped

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
split time with Smith and Froese as they each need 12 more games to qualify as exposed forwards.

Mar 26, 2010
They must be looking for a #4 C. The top 3 are already filled quite nicely.

Matthews
Kadri
Nylander

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I think Gauthier is doing a great job but I can see why the leafs may want to send him to the Marlies for more seasoning

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
These four are almost locks, at this point, if they're healthy.

Auston Matthews
Nazem Kadri
Tyler Bozak
Frederik Gauthier

These guys are either injured and/or waiver fodder.

Ben Smith (IR)
Brooks Laich (AHL)
Byron Froese (AHL)
Seth Griffith (AHL)

These guys can play C but have been playing W this season.

William Nylander
Mitch Marner
Leo Komarov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad