Friedman: Leafs looking for depth at center

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Interesting. I trust Friedman, and we would love to have a good center on the Marlies, but I would think if we lost any of our top 3 I would guess Nylander gets moved back to center. It probably is very specific for a 4th liner who can take draws on the PK. Outside of that, there are no real spots. Holland gave us center depth, but couldn't be trusted in that role so he just sat in the press box.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I am just going to throw this out there, but could Luke Glendening be an option? 27 years old, 54.4% on the draw, 39th in the league in hits, fast, good defensively (IIRC), Babs had him in Detroit.

The only thing is that he just signed a 4 year contract extension which will kick in, in the offseason, worth $1.8M/year, so maybe Detroit would want to keep him around?

Mad Brills*

If the leafs had 500k more in cap room, boyle would be an awesome fit, and the leafs could roll 4 lines that could score.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I'd pay Leivo and nothing more.

Really just wish we wouldn't buy at the trade deadline, because it's not like we're contenders and the expansion draft would eat up all the value in the trade we're getting back. Stay put pls Lou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad