Leafs looking at Sheahan and Smith of Red Wings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Leafs PRVerified account‏@LeafsPR 5m5 minutes ago

The Leafs announced they have acquired F Brian Boyle from Tampa in exchange for F Byron Froese and a 2nd round draft pick in 2017. #tmltalk

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Starting to feel like Smith gets resigned. Sounds like he wants to stay with the Wings

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Leafs PRVerified account‏@LeafsPR 5m5 minutes ago

The Leafs announced they have acquired F Brian Boyle from Tampa in exchange for F Byron Froese and a 2nd round draft pick in 2017. #tmltalk

Babcock on the trade:

"The thing I like about Boyle is, he's 6'7" every time he's on the ice"

(I'm joking here)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Still 2 days to go. Relax brother!:yo:

Yeah but first we heard the Rags were high on Smith and the Leafs were into Sheahan. Now we know the Leafs got Boyle. Doubt they care about Sheahan anymore. And the rumors are the Rangers and Shattenkirk. Who would go for Smith over Shatty?

Haven't even heard a scrap of a rumor regarding Vanek, Green, Howard, or anyone else.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah but first we heard the Rags were high on Smith and the Leafs were into Sheahan. Now we know the Leafs got Boyle. Doubt they care about Sheahan anymore. And the rumors are the Rangers and Shattenkirk. Who would go for Smith over Shatty?

Haven't even heard a scrap of a rumor regarding Vanek, Green, Howard, or anyone else.
Deals could literally be finalized minutes before the deadline is up. It makes no sense for Holland to not try and squeeze all he can out of Vanek who is one of the top deadline targets. Teams will get more desperate closer to the deadline as they see others load up.
Smith and Sheahan are bad, you're not going to hear a lot of rumors about guys like that. If Holland gets a good offer he'll accept, but it's unlikely there will be an extended back-and-forth that gets the rumor mill going.

There's also this:
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det170227.html

Holland has recently been engaged in serious trade discussions involving left wing Thomas Vanek and defenseman Brendan Smith.
The Chicago Blackhawks are among the teams to have inquired about Vanek, along with the Los Angeles Kings, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators and Calgary Flames.
The Wings have also received interest in forwards Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar, and defenseman Danny DeKeyser. While Holland is open to exploring trades involving Nyquist and Tatar, it would take a significant offer for him to part with DeKeyser, who has five-years left on his deal.

Last edited:

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Between Green, Vanek, Tatar, Sheahan, Nyquist, Smith Holland could pick up potentially 3 first round picks and as many second round picks to add to their top-5 picks this year and next. I would trade DK for a first+prospect.

It's going to be hilarious when he does nothing.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
The interest in Vanek should allow Holland to get a nice return. Having two first round picks (ideally) would be great.

It's equally likely that nothing happens and he trades down.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Between Green, Vanek, Tatar, Sheahan, Nyquist, Smith Holland could pick up potentially 3 first round picks and as many second round picks to add to their top-5 picks this year and next. I would trade DK for a first+prospect.

It's going to be hilarious when he does nothing.

I mean i know being pessimistic is all the fad on our board right now.

But this is what I would say is expected at this point:

1) Vanek - Likely a 1st round pick easy looking at the prices rigght now.

MAYBE traded:

2) Ott - Likely 2nd or 3rd round pick or equivalent prospect
3) Smith - Likely 2nd/3rd round pick IF we are lucky, honestly i would take a 4th.

All those other players listed....

I do not think trading Tatar for a 27th overall pick is in our own interest.
That player has like a 45-55% chance of being an NHLer. Tatar is significantly better than that.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
I mean i know being pessimistic is all the fad on our board right now.

But this is what I would say is expected at this point:

1) Vanek - Likely a 1st round pick easy looking at the prices rigght now.

MAYBE traded:

2) Ott - Likely 2nd or 3rd round pick or equivalent prospect
3) Smith - Likely 2nd/3rd round pick IF we are lucky, honestly i would take a 4th.

whoooooah there!

now i reckon vanek will return a conditional 1st or something of that nature, and if we traded smith, a 2nd/3rd rounder, yeah. but ott and 2nd round pick do NOT belong in the same sentence.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
People here are just being pessimistic. There's no way anyone actually believes Jurco will be the only player moved. And if you tell me otherwise, I won't believe you.

Odds of trade:

Vanek - 99%
Smith - 80%
Sheahan - 60%
Ott - 55%
Nyquist - 5%
Tatar - 1%
Green - 0.1%

Odds are, three of these players are moved.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
People here are just being pessimistic. There's no way anyone actually believes Jurco will be the only player moved. And if you tell me otherwise, I won't believe you.

Odds of trade:

Vanek - 99%
Smith - 80%
Sheahan - 60%
Ott - 55%
Nyquist - 5%
Tatar - 1%
Green - 0.1%

Odds are, three of these players are moved.

I agree with this. I would say that when the season is over, Nyquist and Tatar % go up significantly.

And I expect Howard to be gone via Expansion. As has been expected all year long.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I agree with this. I would say that when the season is over, Nyquist and Tatar % go up significantly.

Agreed.

I do wonder how willing the Wings will be to deal both of them. My gut says they'll only be willing to move one of the two, unless they get an offer they can't refuse. I've always been more of a Nyquist fan, but I go back and forth between the two in terms of which I'd rather see the Wings keep.

And I expect Howard to be gone via Expansion. As has been expected all year long.

I don't feel like I have as good a read on that one. I keep hearing that there will be a plethora of good goalies available. If that's the case, are we still confident Howard is one of the few who gets picked?

greengoblin

Jan 20, 2017

1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad