Friedman: Leafs like Vatrano, Friedman thinks it would be tough to fit him in.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
And the NHL owes Anaheim a number one center after Getzlaf retired. Bettman knows he’s retired. And Anaheim needs that number one pick that the franchise never has had ever in its history.

So Bettman is secretly colluding to make sure Anaheim gets in last place because Ryan Getzlaf retired..? Are you seriously suggesting this - LOL!

This is the most embarrassing post I’ve read in my time here.

Reactions: crowi

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
We’re going to lose more games before the deadline. Even with Chicago trading Kane. So it’s a race for last place.

And the NHL owes Anaheim a number one center after Getzlaf retired. Bettman knows he’s retired. And Anaheim needs that number one pick that the franchise never has had ever in its history.

If the NHL wants relevance again in California? Like the Gretzky days. This is the draft to gift a franchise one. Even if it’s SJ or Anaheim.

I’m completely off topic, and on a tangent. But it’s true to make hockey exciting again here.
Please stop. You’re embarrassing yourself and other Ducks fans.

Reactions: McDonald19

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
leafs need a top6 winger or someone that can produce or at least be competent enough to play on the LW in top6
With some muscle and grit. The top 6 has such a hard time in the playoffs because they can't create the space they need. Tanner Jeannot should be who they target.

Depending on Nashville's 2nd half he would be a perfect fit in the top 6. He's an RFA so he has control, contract is very friendly for the rest of the season, he'd do well on JT's wing as it appears Bunting has more than earned his spot beside Matthews.

Bunting needs to be re-signed at the end of the season. Can they afford Bunting and Jeannot in the top 6 next year? It would be tough, but he's exactly who they need.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Vatrano seems like a useful player, but in an ecosystem with Jarnkrok, Kerfoot, Aston Reese, now an emerging Holmberg is he really going to pack a punch?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Obvious chocie to Toronto and it's logical to boot. This won't stop them from adding a D as well.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Verbeek probably isn't interested in moving Vatrano. He fills multiple needs right now for the team. I also don't think it would send a good message to future UFA's if he signed a guy to a 3 year contract and moved him at the deadline the first year despite playing well. It's already hard enough to sign UFA's given that the Ducks are terrible and lose most of their games.

So the only way Verbeek says yes is if it's an offer he can't refuse, which would start with 2023 1st +. Leafs would have to overpay and there's really no way around it.
The Leafs current GM is the same GM that paid like 100 1st round picks for Nick Foligno to sit on LTIR. I would hold off on buying a Vatrano Ducks jersey for the time being.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
With some muscle and grit. The top 6 has such a hard time in the playoffs because they can't create the space they need. Tanner Jeannot should be who they target.

Depending on Nashville's 2nd half he would be a perfect fit in the top 6. He's an RFA so he has control, contract is very friendly for the rest of the season, he'd do well on JT's wing as it appears Bunting has more than earned his spot beside Matthews.

Bunting needs to be re-signed at the end of the season. Can they afford Bunting and Jeannot in the top 6 next year? It would be tough, but he's exactly who they need.

He's got 6 points in 32 games I know what he last year but his offense hasn't just slowed It's stopped.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
At first blush it seems like a weird move for Dubas but I guess the thinking is that TOR already dominates possession and needs someone who consistently finishes above average given his chance rates. Pretty funny to let McCann walk to get a worse version of him later but maybe theyre willing to pay a premium for a McCann-lite type player because they think he can be the converter for chances he doesnt necessarily have to create himself

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
He's got 6 points in 32 games I know what he last year but his offense hasn't just slowed It's stopped.
If he was producing at last years pace he would essentially be Tom Wilson. They don't come around that often. So, while his value is low may be a good time to take a chance on him, because as soon as he starts scoring again, if he does, then he'll be a life time predator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad