Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Lightning, Thursday Night

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I like for the kids to get some playoff experience so I would be inclined to use the vets a bit more. I think this would be the best lineup:

Hyman-Mathews-Komarov (Hard working line)
JVR-Bozak-Marner (Chemistry)
Brown-Kadri-Smith (Shutdown line)
Martin-Boyle-Nylander (Some offense and defense)

Nylander on 4th line? Smith on 3rd line? Your kidding right?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yup, Leivo is the latest non-playing saviour now that Corrado is gone. Ah the HF Board loves those not actually playing and hates those that are.

Very odd sampling of fans here.

Unlike Corrado when Leivo has been given a chance the kids done well

I don't give a **** who you are or what your name is if you perform you should play until something changes performance wise

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
The absolute best lines IMO (If you had to include Hyman/Martin):
I just think Babcock has to utilize the Matthews line in a more two-way than the kinda sheltered role.
Komarov - Kadri - Marner (Two-way)
Leivo - Matthews - Nylander (Two-way)
JVR - Bozak - Brown (Sheltered)
Hyman - Boyle - Martin (Defensive, two-way)
Scratched: Soshnikov

Gardiner - Zaistev (Equal top-4 usage)
Rielly - Marchenko (Equal top-4 usage)
Marincin/Hunwick - Carrick/Polak (14 minutes a game, nowhere near the ice last 5 minutes).
Scratched: Polak immediately after Carrick's back and a toss-up between Marincin Hunwick.

Babcock said he likes to put Brown over Nylander on Matthews line so he can play against any matchups. I very much doubt Brown would play on a sheltered line and the fact Marner is still on the sheltered offensive line probably proves Babcock doesn't think he should be playing with Kadri who will be centering the shutdown line no matter what.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
for the most part the Leafs need to go 8-6-3 (1?) i can't remember and i'm in a rush.

we have 1 in the loss row. so it's not a "must win" - just try to get a point.

Depends if Tampa even remotely keeps there hot play up this will have to be a must win. I will gladly bet anyone that if we lose tomorrow that's it for the playoffs baring we win 12 down the stretch.

Yup, Leivo is the latest non-playing saviour now that Corrado is gone. Ah the HF Board loves those not actually playing and hates those that are.

Very odd sampling of fans here.

Yeah lets compare the kid with 9 points in 12 games to the player who barely played well when in the line up. Makes sense :shakehead

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Babcock said he likes to put Brown over Nylander on Matthews line so he can play against any matchups. I very much doubt Brown would play on a sheltered line and the fact Marner is still on the sheltered offensive line probably proves Babcock doesn't think he should be playing with Kadri who will be centering the shutdown line no matter what.

My belief is that Marner hasn't been on Kadri's wing because Babcock wanted to spread the wealth. Marner's on Bozak's line imo to help that line out defensively while Nylander hasn't been on Bozak's line because he still needs work defensively.

Either way, I like duos of Matthews-Nylander, Kadri-Marner long-term if Willy doesn't go to center.

xxx - Matthews - Nylander
xxx - Kadri - Marner
xxx - xxx - Kapanen
xxx - Gauthier - xxx

That type of 'core' kept consistent and filled over the years with Bracco, Timashov, Johnson, Brown, Leivo, Hyman, Grundstrom, Korkshov, Soshnikov, Rychel, etc should be the layout.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I know it won't ever happen with Babs but I like these lines

JVR Matthews Marner
Leivo Kadri Nylander
Komarov Bozak Brown
Hyman Boyle Sosh

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
I want to see Nylander tried on LW if he's not going to be a center this year. Did he not play LW at lower levels before switching to C? Nylander-Bozak-Marner would be a dangerous line and it frees up JVR to go with Matthews-Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad