Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
No - "Holl is an important piece that we need to get more out of it"

It blows my f***ing mind. Outside of being carried by a very elite Muzzin, Holl has been a very poor NHLer...why is does it need to be him that we get more out of? Others deserve a chance.
PREDICTION: we might see an interesting coaching change in the next month. Even trotz might step in, if the dollar is right and he has his stable set in his real life. Stepping into the nhl life again is a Journey itself. But yeah, dubas is getting worried and trying one more time. Getting rid of coach keefe. Keefe was aaaight, but ive seen better. A True New voice might take us to the promised land like max did in mad max 2. Directed by George Miller.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015

It blows my f***ing mind. Outside of being carried by a very elite Muzzin, Holl has been a very poor NHLer...why is does it need to be him that we get more out of? Others deserve a chance.
Holl either has some dirt on Dubas and Keefe or he is very close friends with them. He is decent on PK but that’s it. He is garbage. Our team is better without him in the lineup. Total POS.

Reactions: Leaf4Life79

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Crazy how they wont split up Matthews and Marner. This team preached 4 lines of offense and now we have been reduced to two lines of offense. Tavares/Nylander struggle together at 5v5 and still are stuck together. We have no pressure and no sustained 60mins of consistency and you can tell why by looking at the lines. The bottom 6 look medicore and have no hope of scoring in the playoffs. Try something other than rearranging the non significant pieces.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Do you ever stop going on about this trade?

The Leafs wouldn't have had Marchment anyways. They were not paying him 4.5
Not sure Marchment got 4.5m but as a second liner, looks a lot better than Malgin....and if the truth hurts...to flippin bad...
So far...virtually every off season pick up has been in effective or worse. Got 2 goalies, 1 who us injured AGAIN and 1 who cannot play 3 games in a week, needs a rest.
Your rose colored glasses need cleaning

Reactions: theTTC

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Holl either has some dirt on Dubas and Keefe or he is very close friends with them. He is decent on PK but that’s it. He is garbage. Our team is better without him in the lineup. Total POS.
I hear people say he is a decent PK.
He missed a simple clear resulting in a goal last night.

Allowed 2 passes by him against LV resulting in goals.
He sticks his stick out and doesn't move when a shot is coming towards him on the PK.

Other than that not good.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Not sure Marchment got 4.5m but as a second liner, looks a lot better than Malgin....and if the truth hurts...to flippin bad...
So far...virtually every off season pick up has been in effective or worse. Got 2 goalies, 1 who us injured AGAIN and 1 who cannot play 3 games in a week, needs a rest.
Your rose colored glasses need cleaning
This doesn't even make sense.

Where did I paint a rosy picture?

Marchment does indeed look better than Malgin. I just don't whine about it every thread.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Only 1 defenseman has been on the ice for more PK goals against than Holl, so it's unlikely they value his amazing penalty killing ability.

I like Holl more than most, but it's just idiotic to keep forcing him into games. He's playing badly, he should be able to sit out

He's not playing nearly bad enough to put Kral or Mete in 20 minute a night role with heavy PK minutes.

It is kind of funny on how much he gets crapped on. Out of the top 70 guys in terms of ES minutes right now (aka the top pairing guys), he has the 12th best GA/60 and is 48th in xGA/60 at ES. Not bringing much offensively but not really his job anyways. Even comparing him to the best of the best, he is still just barely below average in terms of expectation and is near the top in terms of actual goals against.

PK has been a bit rougher for him early on, but 8 games is not enough to go from a guy with a large sample size of excellent play on the PK to a pair of guys with extremely limited PK experience in the NHL. Has also made some rough plays at times with the puck on his stick, but hardly anything that has hurt him alone.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Crazy how they wont split up Matthews and Marner. This team preached 4 lines of offense and now we have been reduced to two lines of offense. Tavares/Nylander struggle together at 5v5 and still are stuck together. We have no pressure and no sustained 60mins of consistency and you can tell why by looking at the lines. The bottom 6 look medicore and have no hope of scoring in the playoffs. Try something other than rearranging the non significant pieces.

They sulk when split up. They want to play together and it's not like they weren't elite together 98% of the time. Just when they are off it is tough

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough

Holl was Keefe's boy during the Calder Cup run. Unless Dubas get rid of him Keefe will never sit him when Muzzin and Lily are out.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
This doesn't even make sense.

Where did I paint a rosy picture?

Marchment does indeed look better than Malgin. I just don't whine about it every thread.
I will right what I wish, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Dangit, I'm in LA for the weekend and didn't even bother checking the king's schedule. Would have loved to visit the venue formerly known as the Staples Center for this tilt

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

This is concerning on so many levels.

1. The fact the management feel his good play in the bubble was the norm rather than an abberation.
2. The fact management feel there is more they can get out of him consistently.
3. 1 & 2

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
And after this great winning game by samsonov we are once again blessed by the play and game and win by källgren vs the ducks sunday :clap: how beautiful can life even be . Samsonov will not get injured all season long and that guarantees us a second round in the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How has LA looked so far this year?
Is Samsonov over his “illness”?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
So "3rd line Bunting" lasted one game, Engvall gets rewarded for continuing to do absolutely nothing and Simmonds - who was being shopped around a few weeks ago because Dubas didn't think he would see enough action - is a 3rd liner again.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of a coach/GM throwing anything & everything against the wall and hoping something sticks.
To be fair, hardly any bubble players are stepping up. At least now Matthews and Marner have woken up.

Bottom six are not getting it done. Can’t expect more from Kampf but Jarnkrok, Engvall, hyphen-men, Malgin, Robertson need to produce more.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
To be fair, hardly any bubble players are stepping up. At least now Matthews and Marner have woken up.

Bottom six are not getting it done. Can’t expect more from Kampf but Jarnkrok, Engvall, hyphen-men, Malgin, Robertson need to produce more.

just because they score doesn't mean they've woken up. I'd rather see 60 minutes of hockey than see Mathews or Marner score.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
if keefe has any balls he would for an action

step 1:
take simmonds and clifford aside and tell them to start BS on ice but avoid taking penalties.

step 2:
put clifford on with marner and simmonds on with matthetws

Bunting-Matthews-Simmonds (scarbourough boys will start shit and force matthews to emotionally get in the game)

Clifford-Nylander-Marner (clifford to start after whistle shenanigans and force opposition to take runs and nylander/marner that would wake them up)

Robertson-Tavares-Jakrok
Kerfoot-Kampf-Engvall

Forget about 2 points. If words and common sense don't wake up players then you hopefully let opposition wake up the players by starting some shenanigans on ice

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: egd27 and geo25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad