Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022

Our effort was not good enough vs the sharks.
Gotta love that feisty dirty third line.... :clap: That a hard one for surely. Robertson and Simmonds finna gel together nicely. Expecting a lot of talking going on too., wich is key. We might actually win a game again because of simmonds being in.

Reactions: Altair

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Our effort was not good enough vs the sharks.
Gotta love that feisty dirty third line.... :clap: That a hard one for surely. Robertson and Simmonds finna gel together nicely. Expecting a lot of talking going on too., wich is key. We might actually win a game again because of simmonds being in.
How low have we gotten that some expect a win when Simmonds is added into the line-up.😂

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
So "3rd line Bunting" lasted one game, Engvall gets rewarded for continuing to do absolutely nothing and Simmonds - who was being shopped around a few weeks ago because Dubas didn't think he would see enough action - is a 3rd liner again.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of a coach/GM throwing anything & everything against the wall and hoping something sticks.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
How low have we gotten that some expect a win when Simmonds is added into the line-up.😂
On the 3rd line no less.

I guess 2 very nice assists wasn't enough to keep Kerfoot on the line with M&M.
Coach's decision or do the boys like Bunting more?

Reactions: BallardEra

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think he did in Junior for most of his time there? I could be remembering wrong though.

I wanted to draft him because I did catch him a couple times when I was into prospects...brain is old now and I am second guessing if I saw him at RD.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
On the 3rd line no less.

I guess 2 very nice assists wasn't enough to keep Kerfoot on the line with M&M.
Coach's decision or do the boys like Bunting more?
I’m guessing it went something like this
M&M go to Keefe and say……hey what do you think you are doing? We run the show here and we want our Bunting back

Reactions: Optimist

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Everyone couldn't stop clapping and cheering for the truculence added when they won with Simmonds last week.

Now it's back to nothing will ever matter because no matter what kind of change done it sucks.

I agree with you though. I'd go full boat speed and skill.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I’m guessing it went something like this
M&M go to Keefe and say……hey what do you think you are doing? We run the show here and we want our Bunting back

And Keefe tells the media he used the wrong line up card the next day?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I don't understand how Mete sits for Kral though...Holl is most deserving to sit but we don't do accountability here.

I agree Holl has not been good, but maybe the coaching staff sees something different or his PK ability is the only thing keeping him in there?

Holl has sat before.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I could see Malgin getting a a few more chances but yeah he's gotta go soon if he can't start producing. He's not bringing much if he can't put up points.

Bottom six is still a big work in progress. Nothing really clicking yet. All this depth. You'd think a couple guys would be ready to run with it.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Malgin scratched again. WTF?

So "3rd line Bunting" lasted one game, Engvall gets rewarded for continuing to do absolutely nothing and Simmonds - who was being shopped around a few weeks ago because Dubas didn't think he would see enough action - is a 3rd liner again.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of a coach/GM throwing anything & everything against the wall and hoping something sticks.
Yup. They've got no idea what any player's role is.

Reactions: kevsh

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I agree Holl has not been good, but maybe the coaching staff sees something different or his PK ability is the only thing keeping him in there?

Holl has sat before.
Only 1 defenseman has been on the ice for more PK goals against than Holl, so it's unlikely they value his amazing penalty killing ability.

I like Holl more than most, but it's just idiotic to keep forcing him into games. He's playing badly, he should be able to sit out

Reactions: Cobra777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad