Seravalli: Leafs, Kings, Penguins, Devils, Hurricanes, Senators, all fits for Hellebyuck.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Interesting list and Hellebyuck could help all those teams, I don't think the Jets want him in the west I don't think he will be a King.

I think the Penguins #1 target is Gibson seeing as he's fr Pittsburgh.

And Ottawa doesn't even have an owner so I'm not sure they are in position to make a significant move.

To me that leaves the Leafs, Devils and hurricanes, you add Hellebyuck to either of the Leafs, Devils or Hurricanes and they become the favorite in the east next year.

I'm surprised Buffalo wasn't mentioned become to me they are a perfect fit.

Same with Edmonton

Reactions: hn777

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
He’s a fit in Carolina in the sense of the team not having a starter at the moment.

It’d be quite inefficient, though. The team has the defensive talent to elevate a lesser netminder. A Jarry or Korpisalo could compete for the Vezina next year with Staal, Slavin and Pesce in front of him. Use the assets on a forward.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Giving up assets and signing a 30* year old goalie to a long term expensive deal is a big time risk. Personally I don’t think New Jersey should make such a short term move at the beginning of their window. Sign Bratt, sign Timo, run it back with Schmid getting more starts and go from there, IMO there should be no rush to acquire someone much older than the core and (in theory) primed for a decline.

As good as Hellebuyck is, I believe he has a better fit on an older team that is well within their window and can afford to potentially overpay him to maximize a current potential run.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There is definitely a deal to be made with Toronto. They have a goalie replacement (Samsonov) another pending UFA star player (Nylander) and a 2023 1st rd. pick.

There is a deal here that makes sense.

Does it make sense for Toronto? Ilya Samsonov was terrific. If you can lock him in on a 3-5 year deal in the 3.75-4.5 range, does that not make more sense than paying a 31+ year old (by the time the extension kicks in) probably 9M+? - On top of giving up the 1st round pick AND a 40 goal scorer.

And not like Samsonov is some random. He's always had potential to be a really good goalie. And he's finding his stride in Toronto working with Sanford.

Leafs are going to be linked to every big name this summer, but I don't think this is an avenue Toronto should go down.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The more I listen to the media in the city the more I am convinced they are all idiots who have no concept of what hard cap is.

I don’t know how we are supposedly going to resign our Star player (apparently to be the highest paid player in the NHL even though he is usually out of the top 5 in scoring most years) Add an all star goalie in Helly, fix our D and our bottom 6 all the while having 47 million tied up in 5 players.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
It seems like it would be between NJD (Mercer) or LAK (Byfield).

I doubt that mercer would be in consideration to be moved in a deal

Giving up assets and signing a 29 year old goalie to a long term expensive deal is a big time risk. Personally I don’t think New Jersey should make such a short term move at the beginning of their window. Sign Bratt, sign Timo, run it back with Schmid getting more starts and go from there, IMO there should be no rush to acquire someone much older than the core and (in theory) primed for a decline.

As good as Hellebuyck is, I believe he has a better fit on an older team that is well within their window and can afford to potentially overpay him to maximize a current potential run.

Yeah, I feel like the devils would be looking at him as a rental

Reactions: My3Sons and hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Interesting list and Hellebyuck could help all those teams, I don't think the Jets want him in the west I don't think he will be a King.

I think the Penguins #1 target is Gibson seeing as he's fr Pittsburgh.

And Ottawa doesn't even have an owner so I'm not sure they are in position to make a significant move.

To me that leaves the Leafs, Devils and hurricanes, you add Hellebyuck to either of the Leafs, Devils or Hurricanes and they become the favorite in the east next year.

I'm surprised Buffalo wasn't mentioned become to me they are a perfect fit.

Same with Edmonton

I think they'd prefer him out of conference but they'd make a deal with a Pacific team if the deal was right.

There is definitely a deal to be made with Toronto. They have a goalie replacement (Samsonov) another pending UFA star player (Nylander) and a 2023 1st rd. pick.

There is a deal here that makes sense.

Pending UFAs don't make sense for Winnipeg. Pending UFAs are why Winnipeg is entertaining trading these guys.

It seems like it would be between NJD (Mercer) or LAK (Byfield).

I think that's too much for either team to give up.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Not sure Leafs would be in on this.

Assuming they'd want to keep Sammy and Woll and this likely means losing one.

Reactions: exporta

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
If he gets traded and it’s not to Edmonton then Holland should be instantly fired (he probably should be anyway tbh)

Last edited:
Reactions: BatVader and hn777

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Buffalo isn't going to give him a large longterm extension while KA and crew still have faith in Levi.
We also don't have assets for Helle if Winnipeg is looking for a hockey trade. I think Helle in Buffalo can be forgotten.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad