Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1. Couldn't get the puck out of the zone, turned it over a few times, and it resulted in two goals against. Both on turnovers where they were trying to clear the zone.
2. PK 1/3... for two goals against. Terrible.
3. Gauthier's line. 11;20 of ice time, of which it seemed 11:02 was in the Islanders zone, resulting in two shots on goal for the line. Incredible possession, offensive black hole...
4. Matthews/Nylander were pretty good.
5. Tavares managed the third star, but I thought he, and his line was mostly mediocre.

You know, we manage to have a PK, and clear the zone effectively, and we win this game.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Does anyone know where you can find the advanced stats of:
Determination
Intensity
Grit
Pride

Because if you do, can you email blast Kyle f***ing Dubas every 15 seconds.
His ignorance on what constitutes a winning hockey team stems from the fact that it's advanced stats alone that matter in this sport.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
We did switch up the special teams though. Assistant coaches essentially run special teams units. We hired two new people to run them, and they have both gotten worse. We tried inverting the PP to open up one-timers, and we've moved JT around.

This team isn't going to get anywhere without consistent effort, which they rarely give for 60 minutes. I actually have trouble thinking of a recent game where they won every period.

I'm not opposed to firing Babs, but I don't think that is going to solve this teams issues.

I do. I think he has worn out his stay since last April

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I have not wanted to trade any of Nylander, Marner, Matthews etc but if this doesn't change one will need to be moved purely for a culture change. Bring back a high compete level player who is also elite but maybe not as high a ceiling

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
Great second period the rest was trash I’m starting to look forward to watching the raps more than the leafs. I know the raps at least bring it all game every night.
Also the pp is all time bad at this point and the pk is almost there too.
Just disappointing, the team is talented but they aren’t showing up ready to play, Babs might be done here.

Reactions: stickty111

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Lose the boston series because of special teams;

This season: special teams still a JOKE

GM and Coach do absolutely NOTHING to address it

so ticket prices and merchandise prices rise because...... Toronto

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
No heart, no passion, no grit and they can’t even play on special units. This is a complete joke of a team.

Serious question: Am I the only one who’s 90% sure we’re not making the playoffs this year? Because right now, they’ve won 9 games out of 20, and they play Boston friday night so it’s a sure loss. Oh and Marner is out til the new year..

We dont do a blockbuster trade and change the coach.

This season is a write off

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Barrie/Rielly have 20 minutes of play this year.

Trainwreck is too nice a description.
Try it because trainwreck is the definition of this season

And with all the trade suggestion keep in mind it's not just bringing 1 rhd defender to improve teams play, multiple changes needed

Reactions: Bust

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Babcock deserves to go, he’s become stale. BUT it’s a personnel problem more than coaching. This team is constructed poorly and is one dimensional. It would be hard to do as bad of a job as Dubas has done.

Dubas will use Babs as his scapegoat.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Determination
Intensity
Grit
Pride

Because if you do, can you email blast Kyle ****ing Dubas every 15 seconds.
His ignorance on what constitutes a winning hockey team stems from the fact that it's advanced stats alone that matter in this sport.
The Barrie trade is looking more like a question mark. I don't have any problem with Kerfoot but Barrie has been unbelievably bad. We could have used that asset to get a top 4 dman, but we got f***ing Barrie.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Determination
Intensity
Grit
Pride

Because if you do, can you email blast Kyle ****ing Dubas every 15 seconds.
This is such a weird narrative to me when we aren't a great advanced stat team.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
One thing that was noticeable were the lack of face-offs in the Leafs zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad