Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Here's an idea...change the powerplay. Babcock keeps saying u earn your playing time...how about take rielly off pp1
U get barrie to improve powerplay then get him on pp1 since it's what hes good at.

If defence has been bad why not try barrie with rielly, see if u can get both going? Cant get much worse I can tell you that

On deff ears though I fear u till hes fired

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So, the Andersen five hole goal, with no traffic in front of him, sinks us again.

Where is Hutchinson, or Sparks, when you need them?

Last edited:
Reactions: ToMaLe and ToMaLe

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Why does Willy rip shots over the net so often?
He can have such good games and then make stupid plays like that to seal the loss.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Here's an idea...change the powerplay. Babcock keeps saying u earn your playing time...how about take rielly off pp1
U get barrie to improve powerplay then get him on pp1 since it's what hes good at.

If defence has been bad why not try barrie with rielly, see if u can get both going? Cant get much worse I can tell you that

On deff ears though I fear u till hes fired

Barrie/Rielly have 20 minutes of play this year.

Trainwreck is too nice a description.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
We did switch up the special teams though. Assistant coaches essentially run special teams units. We hired two new people to run them, and they have both gotten worse. We tried inverting the PP to open up one-timers, and we've moved JT around.

This team isn't going to get anywhere without consistent effort, which they rarely give for 60 minutes. I actually have trouble thinking of a recent game where they won every period.

I'm not opposed to firing Babs, but I don't think that is going to solve this teams issues.

I guess I would ask what the downside of firing Babcock would be at this point? It's not guaranteed to work, but what we've been doing seems to guarantee not to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig