SHARP-004.jpg

ecCMedia-18-09SHARP-003.jpg
This is hilarious.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
This should be an interesting game.

Both teams have meh defense, both teams have great offense.

No denying Toronto has been scoring much more than the Jets though.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I like the timing of his going to the top line.

Right before two big games against TO and then off to the homeland playing on the top line.

I'd rather see him on Scheif's right with MP on the left.
I'm really interested to see him on the left. That's where he was so dominant before he came to the NHL. The concern was play in his own end, but if the top D pairing of Morrissey and Trouba are playing with that top forward line, then I'm sure that they pick up some of the slack.

Really interested in this game for a lot of obvious reasons!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It will be very interesting to see if Maurice elects to go toe to toe with these guys on offense - or - if we try to shut them down similar to how the Leafs were shut down recently.
Or do we try a more hybrid approach.

My thoughts? Don't want to open it up with these guys - especially when we have the type of team that can make it very "uncomfortable" for the Leafs - I hope that's our approach.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hey Morrow , be a team player and call Niku to come up and play because you have a hangnail or something . :naughty:

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
If the Jets take too many penalties, they could be in trouble against the Leafs PP.
Then again,
If the Leafs take too many penalties, they could be in trouble against the Jets PP.

There you go, pre-game analysis you can take to the bank. Or the rink, I guess.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
it's a bit weird to say, but I think Connor was the best of the CSW defensively and having Laine on there might actually magnify some of the issues of that line. I haven't been impressed in Laine's play on the left side on 2/3's of the ice as well so having him on his off-side full time with Scheif and Wheeler will be intriguing to watch

Maybe Sheif and Wheels will take their defensive responsibilities a bit more seriously this game - less flying the zone without possession and more playing down low and not cheating would do wonders for that line.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Maybe Sheif and Wheels will take their defensive responsibilities a bit more seriously this game - less flying the zone without possession and more playing down low and not cheating would do wonders for that line.
Yes hope so. This will be a tough match up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad