GDT: Leafs @ Jets MTS Center - Weds Oct 24, 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Maybe Sheif and Wheels will take their defensive responsibilities a bit more seriously this game - less flying the zone without possession and more playing down low and not cheating would do wonders for that line.

They will absolutely need to be more defensive minded or they could be in for a pile of trouble.
This line is now less effective on the cycle which allowed them to work in the ozone (usually) for a good chunk of the shift.
Less time on the Ozone means more time in the neutral / D zone - they'll need to do better than they have.

Reactions: DRW204

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
They will absolutely need to be more defensive minded or they could be in for a pile of trouble.
This line is now less effective on the cycle which allowed them to work in the ozone (usually) for a good chunk of the shift.
Less time on the Ozone means more time in the neutral / D zone - they'll need to do better than they have.
Unless they score when they enter the O zone instead of cycling :) Of course that WILL bring them back to the neutral zone!

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Lets be honest here these are two very good teams and if both play to their potential this will be a very exciting game. The Jets have a much deeper D-Corp which to me will be the deciding factor as our forwards are on par with one another. Helle has looked shaky the last few games but overall is better than Andersen. The only glaring weakness the Leafs have are their D-Corp so if we play a fast up tempo game like we can we should pull this one out but we have been inconsistent so far this young season and if we play like we did in the first period against St Louis this could be a very long night for Jets fans. Here's to hoping we see the Jets and their A-Game. Go Jets Go.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Unless they score when they enter the O zone instead of cycling :) Of course that WILL bring them back to the neutral zone!

I don't see this line having any trouble with zone entry which is a major plus.
If they score off the rush, perfect.
If not, they are potentially backchecking / defending rather than cycling.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
For real, why is TSN and or sports channels pushing the idea that we all want a Toronto/Winnipeg final?

I have no desire to endure the fandom during a season where Leafs are good enough to make playoffs and actually win in them. Can you imagine the coverage? They already talk about Leafs during Jets intermissions and whistles.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
For real, why is TSN and or sports channels pushing the idea that we all want a Toronto/Winnipeg final?

I have no desire to endure the fandom during a season where Leafs are good enough to make playoffs and actually win in them. Can you imagine the coverage? They already talk about Leafs during Jets intermissions and whistles.

Oh man if the Leafs and Jets were in the final can you imagine the trash talk and insanity here on HF? The place would implode.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh man if the Leafs and Jets were in the final can you imagine the trash talk and insanity here on HF? The place would implode.
I dunno bout that. I just checked out their GDT and they sound just as nervous about this game as we are. Doesn't necessarily mean that I respect them more than usual. Matter of fact there better not be any Leafs jerseys around me in the phonebooth tonight. Go Jets Go!!!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I dunno bout that. I just checked out their GDT and they sound just as nervous about this game as we are. Doesn't necessarily mean that I respect them more than usual. Matter of fact there better not be any Leafs jerseys around me in the phonebooth tonight. Go Jets Go!!!

I was just checking out their GDT as well, it sounds almost exactly like ours.

Reactions: jefferoni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad