GDT: Leafs @ Jets April 22nd 7:00pm Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Even though they'll want to get certain guys reps on the bottom pair & Bogo being out leaves a pk void that could be filled with Hutton, I can't see them scratching Sandin because wow was he ever good yesterday. I'd go as far as even giving him a chance on the top powerplay unit.

Foligno in tomorrow makes sense but Hutton & Noesen should get some practice reps in first.
Very impressed with Sandins game he made all good puck decisions, skated very well and has the stick handling abilities with good 1st passes as well. Played a very sound game

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Seems level heads have come back to this thread after everyone being pissed after last game (and rightfully so) nothing wrong with high expectations.

Let's really hope for a big win here tonight though ... boards will be nutty if not.

Number one need = stopping beach balls
Number two need= convert your opportunities (shoot the freaking puck on net)
Number three need= keep the powerplay going... they've got a couple recently.
100% Agree, Couple more you could add is stop the darn turnovers and give aways getting too cute with the puck

Reactions: Burnie97

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
If Liljegren doesn’t get into the lineup with Bogo out and instead they dress Sandin or Dermott or Hutton to man the right side I have no faith he will ever be given a chance and hope he gets traded in the off season ... for his own sake.

I fully expect him to play tonight and will look forward to seeing how he’s utilized by Keefe

Reactions: stickty111

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
I say start all 3 new guys, might light a spark under the Leafs' rear ends. They will all be looking to prove their worth to their new teammates and will be well rested after quarantine. Could be the spark we need to get out of the slump.
Lol we will have to send the Angry Scotsman down to the dressing room and chew them a new ear if they crap out on this one lol

Reactions: AngryScotsman

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Will which ever goalie we start be able to stop a beach ball? Will the offence be able to score 3 goals or more? Will the special teams not completely fail? So many questions.

Reactions: ToneDog

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Very impressed with Sandins game he made all good puck decisions, skated very well and has the stick handling abilities with good 1st passes as well. Played a very sound game
Sandin was very comfortable in his spot and played like he's been in the lineup since day 1 -- I won't be surprised to see Reilly and Dermott up their game from here on ;)

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Soupy is solid and will go back to his 11 game man wall game .. count on it .. tonight he cements his starting role for team in playoffs .. Foligno will drive 1 line even though he has not played in a while .. Gally will drop down to 3rd line if he plays although he might start higher until Keefer sees Foligno's readiness .. team will get a boost from Foligno and Hutton .. expect Rielly Brodie; Muzzy Dermy; Hutton Holl .. Sandin should not come out but i think Keefer wants to see Hutton .. Holl and Muzzy need to be put down for a game to rest but unlikely in a battle for 1st place

Reactions: ToneDog

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
against PLD :laugh:
That would be hilarious :laugh:

fAp2NLV.png

Reactions: PromisedLand

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
If Liljegren doesn’t get into the lineup with Bogo out and instead they dress Sandin or Dermott or Hutton to man the right side I have no faith he will ever be given a chance and hope he gets traded in the off season ... for his own sake.

I fully expect him to play tonight and will look forward to seeing how he’s utilized by Keefe

He's 21. How will we talk you down from the ledge?

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Bogo is a loss on the PK. I'm gonna say it... Marincin's coming back because apparently wasn't he kind of useful on the PK? Unless Hutton can step in.

Reactions: Menzinger

HC7

May 2, 2018
Liljegren needs to play tonight. Bogo went down who is a RD and Liljegren has been waiting for his chance all year. He's been elite in the AHL when he's played. He plays the PP, PK, 5 on 5. If he's not going to play now then they should trade him and let him become a top 4 D on another team.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He skated the puck through the Neutral zone too and didn’t even need to back pass. Incredible players know how to do that eh. So so sick of the skill kill,flow kill back pass continuously. Do it when you need a change or ragging the puck. Man other than that it’s disgusting to have to watch them kill their own powerplay with that garbage.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Liljegren needs to play tonight. Bogo went down who is a RD and Liljegren has been waiting for his chance all year. He's been elite in the AHL when he's played. He plays the PP, PK, 5 on 5. If he's not going to play now then they should trade him and let him become a top 4 D on another team.
You may be right but not in eyes of Keefer unfortunately ... Keefer sees Sandin over Lily .. and I think even sandin is not dressing tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad