GDT: Leafs @ Jets April 22nd 7:00pm Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Just win and end the slump. This is the worst they have been playing all season. Even when they went 1-6, I still feel confident about the team but these past 5 games are just horrible, it is like Meet the Parents, where anything can go wrong will go wrong.
Must WIN game and start a 26-0 winning streak.
Their overall play in this slump has mostly been solid. They've gotten inferior goaltending.

Reactions: Lumberg

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Even though they'll want to get certain guys reps on the bottom pair & Bogo being out leaves a pk void that could be filled with Hutton, I can't see them scratching Sandin because wow was he ever good yesterday. I'd go as far as even giving him a chance on the top powerplay unit.

Foligno in tomorrow makes sense but Hutton & Noesen should get some practice reps in first.
Wouldn't mind seeing Noesen on the 4th line. Engvall really seems lost.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
In the slump, the D’s been fine and the offence has generated lots of chances.

Need a game of converting them, take the eyes off the goalies.

Debut games are fun. Good luck Nick and Lili (fingers crossed).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This team should really be in the hunt for the Presidents Trophy if not for goaltending so no I’m not going to blame all of them for one position not doing it’s job properly.

For once though, I’d love to convert on the chances we get instead of knowing we played better and lost.

Would be great if both our top lines could fire at the same time on the scoresheet. Whenever Tavares is hot, Matthews and Marner are off the scoresheet and vice versa.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The game against Winnipeg was originally scheduled for Wednesday, April 21st. However, since Vancouver's games were postponed until Sunday, the Saturday and Monday game against Vancouver were shifted up a day, same as the one against Winnipeg.
Yeah, thanks.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Seems level heads have come back to this thread after everyone being pissed after last game (and rightfully so) nothing wrong with high expectations.

Let's really hope for a big win here tonight though ... boards will be nutty if not.

Number one need = stopping beach balls
Number two need= convert your opportunities (shoot the freaking puck on net)
Number three need= keep the powerplay going... they've got a couple recently.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Time to end this lousy streak. We need Campbell to step up. I think you'll see quite a few changes. Reinforcements are coming.

Thanks for adding the time and channel to the title. Too often that information is missing.

Who is Noesen?

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
We know what Campbell is capable of and he needs to get back to that. We will win just about any game where we get average or better goaltending.

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Thanks for adding the time and channel to the title. Too often that information is missing.

Who is Noesen?

No problem. I can switch it to the gdt too later once lineups are out etc. Or create a new thread.

As for Noesen, I don't know much about but he came from the Sharks in the 3 way trade when we got Foligno.

Looks like he has about 54 points in 200 or so games played with a decent amount of penalty minutes. I think he's a fairly tough 4th line type tweener ahl/nhl.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No problem. I can switch it to the gdt too later once lineups are out etc. Or create a new thread.

As for Noesen, I don't know much about but he came from the Sharks in the 3 way trade when we got Foligno.

Looks like he has about 54 points in 200 or so games played with a decent amount of penalty minutes. I think he's a fairly tough 4th line type tweener ahl/nhl.
It is game day so I’d just change the prefix.

Reactions: Burnie97

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Tonight we’ll see how they overcome some adversity in a tough, important game. I think they’ll do well.

Safe to say, biggest game of the year so far?

Our Leafs tend to play down to their level of competition, but tonight they may need to play up to win this one.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
We know what Campbell is capable of and he needs to get back to that. We will win just about any game where we get average or better goaltending.

We have no idea what Campbell is capable of. He had a hot streak, and up until that point was a career backup. He's never had a season where's he's carried the full load as a starter.

I never embraced the never Freddy claims as at least he's shown to be a reliable starter throughout his career. Also playoff success pre Toronto.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It will be interesting to see what top center gets Folign on their wing. Some media are project he will start on the 3rd line. That’s just not going to happen I wouldn’t think.
I would Guess, Foligno/Tavares/Nylander and won’t get broke up the entire game. Powerplay will see Foligno get the net area too.
This bottom 6 of our better be ready to play hard or the Jets bottom 6 will eat them up. Maybe it’s about time some bottom 6 players that do nothing all year do something for a change. The defense can start shooting a bit more from the point would be nice too.
I don’t have a clue what team will show up. Same inconsistent traits and fumbling powerplay expected again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad