GDT: Leafs @ Jets 8pm EST on TSN3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Leaf nation gets a little bigger today as my wife gave birth to twin happy and healthy twin boys.

Hope the Leafs can pull off a win for them tonight and keep rolling!
Future Leaf fans, and maybe, Leaf players.

Congratuations!

:bday: boys!

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Quite the contrary. Leafs do well in Winnipeg, more than half the arena will be leafs fans anyway.

It's the Saturday game against the Islanders that's concerning.

Ever since Tavares left them they've had our number.

First time we’ll be playing Isles since Keefe took over. This team seems mighty confident right now, something tells me they’re gonna best the Isles quite convincingly. But 1st game after the new year, I’m expecting some bad turnovers and brain farts today, I just hope it’ll be more the Jets then the Leafs.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
It's the most perplexing one sided rivalry I've seen. I mean I want to beat the Jets because I want two points, but that's about as much as I think about the Jets. Well apart from being genuinely happy they got a team back.

I think a lot of them are caught up in the "Laine is better than Matthews" debate. and they all weirdly think Laine is better so in turn they hate Matthews and the leafs.

idk im no doctor

Reactions: glue

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
First time we’ll be playing Isles since Keefe took over. This team seems mighty confident right now, something tells me they’re gonna best the Isles quite convincingly. But 1st game after the new year, I’m expecting some bad turnovers and brain farts today, I just hope it’ll be more the Jets then the Leafs.

The leafs should be just fine. at least i hope they will be.

New years eve in Minnesota doesn't sound too exciting, so really no reason to go out and party. where as Winnipeg was at home.

If a team is going to have a slow start, id expect it to be Winnipeg.

Reactions: glue

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I want the leafs to smoke the Jets. Nothing against them, but, fack me their fan bases has the biggest inferiority complex west of Ottawa.
It's close but I still think that title belongs to Vancouver. They are something else over there.

Reactions: BayStBullies

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The leafs should be just fine. at least i hope they will be.

New years eve in Minnesota doesn't sound too exciting, so really no reason to go out and party. where as Winnipeg was at home.

If a team is going to have a slow start, id expect it to be Winnipeg.
When Millionaires decide they want to have a party it doesn’t matter what city they are in.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leaf nation gets a little bigger today as my wife gave birth to twin happy and healthy twin boys.

Congrats... awesome news.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
My guess is that Brooks plays in Winnipeg, which would be consistent with the 'Shore' start in Colorado and the Spezza thing at home.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I didn't mind his play last game, smart little plays, with limited ice time.

Exactly. And Keefe rolls the lines out top heavy, as it should be with the money we've invested in our top end forwards. Our 4th line is realistically going to see below 10 mins per night. I'd like a big bodied kid who hits and can fight in that role. Brooks seems like a waste there. Isn't PKing, isn't hitting like Tima...just don't see the point.

I thought he was fast, very fast. Thought most if not all of his passes were on the money, he seemed defensively aware of where to go in the Dzone. He seems like he's got offensive skills but didn't get a chance to display much. Thought he went in the corners and along the boards when needed, didn't seem afraid at all, stood in front of the net quite a few times, looking for deflections and such. I don't know, he didn't look bad to me.

He looks like he can play in the NHL but I am not sure kind of element he would bring that we don't already have. Compared to someone like a Mason Marchment who I know what he brings. I am not sure if he will be fast enough for the NHL but I would like to see how he does for us, if he can play for us at the NHL level though, we don't need to go external.

Brooks is what I would describe as "vanilla"

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Quite the contrary. Leafs do well in Winnipeg, more than half the arena will be leafs fans anyway.

It's the Saturday game against the Islanders that's concerning.

Ever since Tavares left them they've had our number

They beat us the first time this year 5-4 but we beat them in their barn in April last year 2-1 so who knows. They had a hot start this year but had a crazy December where they beat good teams but lost a lot of games to basement dwellers. Who knows what to think with that game.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

by "twin happy and healthy twin boys" that almost sounds like 2 X set of twins = 4 little squirts. ;)

Congrats.

Reactions: TMLeafer

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
don't have a great feeling for this game.

like to be proven wrong.

shut them down.

Maybe take a Tums or Antacid and you'd be feeling a bit better come game time. :wg:

I sensing a lot of goals in this one ... Feels like a 5-4 or 6-5 game for me.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Congrats Bert!

I got engaged over the holidays...I can't say I brought her into the Leafs fold though, she actually brought me into it a couple years ago after a lifetime as an Islanders fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad