GDT: Leafs @ Jets 8pm EST on TSN3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBabcock

Apr 21, 2019
Tale of the Tape:
Andersen (expected) Vs Hellebuyck (expected)
Leafs Streak: W1 Jets Win: W1
(Both 3 goal wins)

Leafs 2nd Atlantic Jets: 4th Central
Leafs 3.54 GPG Jets 3.08 GPG
Leafs 24% Jets 19.2% PP
Leafs 3.17 GA Jets 2.98 GA
Leafs 75.8% Pk Jets 71.4% Pk

Key Injuries:
Leafs:
Soup
Mango
Moore
Muzzin

Jets:
Copp
Letestu
Little
Kulikov
Beaulieu
(Also no buff)

Last game jets put up a touchdown on the AVS thanks to a Kyle Connor hatty. We better be ready to play. Incoming Nick Shore hattrick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Leader

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Should be a good one. Two top Canadian teams. Jets without Buff have impressed me for sure thus far. Their xG is not impressive at all, so they should see a drop in standings shortly.

Might be ripe for the picking. Let's go Buds.

FireBabcock

Apr 21, 2019
I think HFBoards allows you to change usernames if you wanted. Not sure if it's still a thing but I remember it was possible before because I changed mine way back.
Ah I found out where to do it. I may go with FiredBabcock then. I like mine kind of how it is. I still have a lot of steam I let off when thinking of him

Reactions: kb and stickty111

toasterart

Mar 31, 2015
ok, so we're at 49 pts through 41 games played, on pace for 98 points. But, under Babcock, we had 22 points through 23 games, a pace of 78.4 points... under Keefe we have 27 points in 18 games, a full season pace of 123 points! Combine the two records, and average Keefe's point pace over the rest of the season, and we should expect to finish at 110 points.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
ok, so we're at 49 pts through 41 games played, on pace for 98 points. But, under Babcock, we had 22 points through 23 games, a pace of 78.4 points... under Keefe we have 27 points in 18 games, a full season pace of 123 points! Combine the two records, and average Keefe's point pace over the rest of the season, and we should expect to finish at 110 points.

Could be enough to win the division since Boston has sputtered a bit after a really hot start. Boston is at 58 in 41 games but the past 15 games or so have been very mediocre for them.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Should be a great test! Jets are going to be hungry to start the new year on the right foot, let’s see how we respond. GO LEAFS GO

Reactions: Rogue Leader

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Could be enough to win the division since Boston has sputtered a bit after a really hot start. Boston is at 58 in 41 games but the past 15 games or so have been very mediocre for them.

I hope so, but the thing about Boston is they often go on a ridiculous hot streak in the 2nd half of the year, atleast that’s what I’ve noticed the past 2 years

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I think HFBoards allows you to change usernames if you wanted. Not sure if it's still a thing but I remember it was possible before because I changed mine way back.
The question here is if he should change it to FireKeefe or Fired Babcock. You know how we are ... now all is good, but there will be tough times.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
nRY3hklb57hZ8a43VDMLhlYr5dU0CvIRqT9v5zKQQ4s.jpg

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I spent 3 months in the fall of Winnipeg, enjoying somewhat of a rare 'Indian Summer' in 2001. Traveled alone in public transit having no idea this was the Murder Capital of Canada. Furby Street had high rent places in the North to slums in the South where you could rent a room by the hour. I had no idea of the danger ( growing up on an isolated island), until after I had mived to Nova Scotia. Don' t get me wrong, I loved it there, especially in the French metis districts. Trying to folliw a metis conversation, when they skip between every other word from french or english, seemingly at will, is so dam hard to follow.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
@Bouncing Bettys I was born and raised in Winnipeg and don't know what to think of your characterization of it.

If you're from Winnipeg there are places you just don't go. I don't think south Furby Street is one of them, but I don't know because I didn't go there. However, everywhere else you feel safe and wonder at how dangerous Toronto must be.

I think there are places in Halifax you don't hang out either, and if you're from Cape Breton you don't go out of your way to drop by Whitney Pier.

As a kid I hitchhiked across Western Canada and found downtown Calgary and Saskatoon pretty damn frightening at night, and there's nowhere in Winnipeg that compares to Vancouver's lower East side.

If you're comparing violent crime statistics, I think it might depend on the year. The GTA might have a jump this year on other places already, and there are years that Regina or Saskatoon might have taken the prize too.

I don't think singling out Winnipeg is entirely fair.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Was happy for the Peg when they got their team back. That lasted all of ten minutes. Pound them
Same. I worked at the airport when it was being constructed and made some good friends there. I always told them I hoped they got the Jets back and nobody ever felt it was a real possibility.

Now? Screw 'em. Let them crash and burn.
Honestly the only thing that always worried me about that team was Buff, because he's unmatchable due to his size and physical game. Now they're just another team with a nice set of forwards

Reactions: BayStBullies

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We're due for a dud. This feels like one of them I think. On the road in Winnipeg the first game of the year... seems like a recipe for a bad game.

I hope I'm wrong! I hope we can keep the win train going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad