The Star: Leafs Jersey in Blocks of Ice Appear overnight around T.O.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
This is an awesome idea! I wish I was in TO just to see it. I would love a jersey too though! I wonder if they are only doing this today or if they will do it again. The ice "cases" look very cool too, its almost a shame they have to be smashed or melted to get the jerseys out.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Is there a list of places we can potentially find these jerseys??

Better Hurry
Man Down already
23071a8442f695d86ad1636c91e1.jpg

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
Only Leaf fanbase would complain about not getting something because they're not in Toronto. So what other NHL team is offering things that benefit those not in their immediate area? Don't be an ass, what MLSE is doing is awesome. At the end of the day, this is a strategy to get people back into the arena, and if you're not in Toronto then you weren't going to be filling the seats anyway. Not the mention that NHL Gamecenter being offered for $50 is already something of an apology to fans not in the GTA area. As for those in school or at work, doesn't this kind of stuff go on throughout the weekend too?

TML g u n n e R s*

good thing i slept in... seems dead, but will be going down tomm in the morning, than coming back up for the leafs game

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
Can those that have gotten a jersey tell us what size it is? That way I can feel better about not getting one if they're XL's :P

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
Only Leaf fanbase would complain about not getting something because they're not in Toronto. So what other NHL team is offering things that benefit those not in their immediate area? Don't be an ass, what MLSE is doing is awesome. At the end of the day, this is a strategy to get people back into the arena, and if you're not in Toronto then you weren't going to be filling the seats anyway.
MLSE really wants to impact their own club

with the apology letter
the change in management

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
So the one in Trinity park is already taken? I'm going to take my dog for a walk in 30 min and need to know if I should bring a hammer. :laugh:

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
They aren't just downtown. Dropped my kid off for hockey at a rink in Scarborough and there is a Kessel frozen in front. I don't care enough to rob the kids of the fun in seeing it.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
They aren't just downtown. Dropped my kid off for hockey at a rink in Scarborough and there is a Kessel frozen in front. I don't care enough to rob the kids of the fun in seeing it.

You're a pro. I can bet you anything someone will get to it first, but you're a heck of a person for doing that.

Now what rink did you say that was again? :sarcasm: I kid, I kid.

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto

I'm sure some obese superfan in an old Mazda full of rusty tools will be on the scene shortly.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00