GDT: Leafs @ Islanders - The Return 7:00PM TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa

Ugh. Bad news losing one of our 3 good defenders.

It’ll be a tough game going against a rested team, coupled with the fact that they’ll be super fired up for this one.

Honestly I’m expecting us to lose this one pretty badly. Our team is relatively emotionless lately. We may have dominated a garbage Edmonton team, but this Isles team is tight defensively and will be ready to play.

Just want this one over so we can stop seeing the whining from the other side - acting like scorned ex lovers.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just go out there and have a good game. Oh well the bottom pairing isn't great. Leafs just need to do what they can and get 2 points. Find a way to win.
Sparks in net and defense pairings of

Rielly Hainsey
Muzzin Oz
Marcin Holl

ZanyInfantileKookaburra-small.gif
Did Zaitsev die getting off the ice?

Reactions: Budz22

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
As if this fan base wouldn't be 100X worse if Matthews decides to bolt in five years.

Oh we absolutely will be horrible. And due to our massive numbers on this site it will look much worse.

But I mean, let’s cross that bridge when we get to it?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I still think our defense is better than the islanders.

Sure their system is locktight, but if our offense has their legs, goals should be easy to come by

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
Ohhh no this might be a problem now. Now Gard/Derm, sparks in net. Least the first game of this b2b wasn't much of a game lol

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
Ohhh no this might be a problem now. Now Gard/Derm, sparks in net. Least the first game of this b2b wasn't much of a game lol

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't count on that, have you seen our offense lately bc i can't find it. Good Luck tomorrow guys, it's sure gonna be hell of a game
Even if you guys are struggling, never underestimate the terribleness of Marincin and Holl :laugh:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I still think our defense is better than the islanders.

Sure their system is locktight, but if our offense has their legs, goals should be easy to come by

Playing back to back games.
Going into a lion's den.
Isles are a top defensive team.
Isles need win to stay ahead of Caps.
Missing 2 of our 4 top D.
Our backup is starting.

Only way we win is if the boys step up and win it for JT.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Holl hasnt played a game in 9 weeks. Not exactly in a position to succeed. I'd honestly rather them run with Oz again.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Playing back to back games.
Going into a lion's den.
Isles are a top defensive team.
Isles need win to stay ahead of Caps.
Missing 2 of our 4 top D.
Our backup is starting.

Only way we win is if the boys step up and win it for JT.
Often you need some motivation and emotion to beat a top team on a b2b. I expect the boys to rally around Tavares. At the very least it'll be a good building block and playoff atmosphere

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Often you need some motivation and emotion to beat a top team on a b2b. I expect the boys to rally around Tavares. At the very least it'll be a good building block and playoff atmosphere

They laid an egg when the Isles beat us 4-0 here. Better not start slow tomorrow because Isles are stingy when it comes to giving up goals.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
A rested Andersen is better than 2 pts which may/may not lead to home ice advantage.

It's not game 81.

I never said start Andersen, I questioned your assertion the game is meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad