Rumor: Leafs Interested in Tyler Myers #61

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Schenn makes to much sense for the leafs to trade for him. They are looking not to spend big this TDL and they could probably get Schenn at 50% for a 3rd..

You're going to be in for a big surprise if you think Schenn is going to go for a third rounder.

And why on earth would anyone need retention with Schenn?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why you don't need to trade a 1st or a top prospect? No way Garland has that low a value when Canucks traded 9th overall for him unless you think that 9th overall was for OEL. Garland has a good contract and is definitely the hardest working player on our team. Maybe with Rick he will put up more points now but even when he wasn't putting up points, he was hustling. I rather Canucks trade Boeser and his higher cap hit than Garland.

I would trade Myers for future consideration just to get rid of that cap hit.

I think Vancouver did think OEL was the main piece, they were very very very VERY wrong but at the time of the trade I think Vancouver thought OEL was the main piece

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You're going to be in for a big surprise if you think Schenn is going to go for a third rounder.

Schenn being extremely overpriced in the market is probably why Leafs might be pivoting to Tyler Myers (assuming the rumor is true).

Due to everything that's been already said about Myers in here...he can probably be had for really cheap. Because I think Vancouver wants to just get rid of him. Maybe dubas is seeing him a buy-low candidate? Only justification I can think of

Imagine thinking Myers can land you Knies lmao

Did you not see the sarcasm note at the end of the post bruh

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I think both Leaf fans and Canuck fans need to grow up here.

Is Myers an NHLer? Yes right?

Can he help Toronto in a 3rd pairing roll with a better defensive system, and with more dedicated players playing defensively? Yes right?

Yeah Myers has lost a step, but this might work out. Vancouver can get a prospect or a pick, and VAN can retain a little.

The risk might be there for Toronto.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Top 6 winger should be the top of the list. Also for bottom 6 players I'd rather target barbashev or Acciari over Lafferty. Lafferty and Erne are good 4th line targets.

If schenn costs a 3rd + ok prospect I'd be fine with that.

Schenn for a 3'rd + prospect sounds fine.

I didn't see the caphit (I don't follow vancouver all that much) but i don't see him going beyond a 2nd round pick or later pick + prospect.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Myers does not get you a 1st unless you are sending a 2nd, 3rd and A prospect

that 6 mill cap hit is hard to like with how he has been playing
So you don't know that the /s is meant to denote sarcasm. That's my take away here.

Imagine thinking Myers can land you Knies lmao
My god there are two of them.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

And he wants a 50% retention to boot lol. Schenn with 50% retention is an easy 1st round pick return. 400K dman that can also play top 4 in a pinch, hits like a Mack truck, blocks shots and can fight too.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don’t see the Nucks retaining on schenn given his salary. We’ll be looking for a 2nd and if can’t get it at least a 3rd + prospect or we re-sign him.
Vancouver will just re-sign him in the offseason for the 3rd time. We know Schenn will comeback to Vancouver so just rent him out to a team for a couple of months and get him back.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Myers would be a nice fit on the Leafs. He doesn't warrant a return of Knies though.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Hes a dynamic defender: Former First round pick, Calder winner, large neck, really tall, chaotically similar to a giraffe, calder winner, etc..
If you combined myers's neck with matthews' nostrils and forehead you might get an alien

Reactions: dirtydanglez

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
And he wants a 50% retention to boot lol. Schenn with 50% retention is an easy 1st round pick return. 400K dman that can also play top 4 in a pinch, hits like a Mack truck, blocks shots and can fight too.
C'mon, he's not a top 4 on the Canucks and look at the dog shit he plays behind. That's never going to be a consideration on a playoff team.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I could see interest in him as a buy low candidate if the Canucks are willing to retain. He used to be good and it seems unlikely he fell off a cliff that quickly when the entire team is struggling as well. That said they don’t have the cap space for him and I don’t see them willing to part with any impressive assets so I doubt Canucks fans would like the return.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Zero chance he's better then Brodie and Liljegren. And management lovessss Holl (who has been playing great this season) so no he does not crack the Leafs' top 6 on the right side.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The Leafs will be interested on a lot of things at the right price. Any guy they get will barely make top 6. Reilly, Brodie, Gio, Lily , Sandin and now Timmins plus Holl and Benn. Schenn barely makes that top 6 and Myers if sitting on the bench unless there is an injury. The Leafs call n Schenn, price is too high. Canucks counter how would like Myers? Im meh on both.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I think both Leaf fans and Canuck fans need to grow up here.

Is Myers an NHLer? Yes right?

Can he help Toronto in a 3rd pairing roll with a better defensive system, and with more dedicated players playing defensively? Yes right?

Yeah Myers has lost a step, but this might work out. Vancouver can get a prospect or a pick, and VAN can retain a little.

The risk might be there for Toronto.

we dont even care about a pick or prospect

literally just take him and we are happy

Reactions: M2Beezy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad