Speculation: Leafs interested in Hurricanes RHDs

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Not even a leaf fan I just found it hilarious how arrogant you are about your team. Johnsson would legit be your 2nd best winger and you make stupid claims like he would be on your 4th line. All im saying is if youre team was so good that you have the luxury of putting guys like Johnsson on your 4th line, they would be known for their play not because of their embarrassing and gimmicky post game circus acts that aren't even original and were copied.

How many Canes games have you watched this season? I'm only asking because it's obvious you have no f***ing idea what you're talking about

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
17-7 since NYE, but that’s just a streak. That’s 24 games! LOL @ you kid.

He’d be on our 4th line unless he could beat out Ferland. Deal with it. It’s true.

Okay man I remember Buffalo having a hot 1/4 of the season too. Where are they now? Even with that hot stretch youre barely in a playoff spot. Take that in. Listen dude, I honestly want the Canes to make t he playoffs but that doesn't mean im completely naive to how mediocre a team they are.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is this thread serious?

Leafs/montour/canes have been beaten to death with new daily threads for months.. Cmon

I gotta say tho, Leafs gotta do something... They definately dont look too dangerous lately

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Nah im spitting facts it just seems like you cant deal with reality. Literally everything I said was true. The Canes have the worst forward depth in the league after Edmonton and a couple other teams and an average d-core and terrible goaltending. Why do you think they're so mediocre? Look at how much better Lindholm, Hanifin and Skinner are doing once they left. Yet you go around acting like a guy who puts up points on an actual good team cant cut it on a team as mediocre as Carolina. You realize if they were as good as you claim, they would be drawing fans with their play not their pathetic post. game 6 year old birthday party games along with the skol clap they copied right?
You said Johnsson would be Carolina's second best winger. That isn't accurate. Teravainen has been better this season. Williams has been better this season. Ferland at his very worst is comparable to Johnsson this season. Niederreiter has been a point per game player since being traded to the Hurricanes, so there's no reason to play Johnsson ahead of him.

As far as your other asinine points, Carolina has decent forward depth. Nothing special, but take a look around the league, dude. Anaheim has Getzlaf and a bunch of nothing. Carolina actually has three forwards with more points than Keller, Arizona's top scoring forward. Carolina's depth is fine, it's the high end talent that is lacking. We've got plenty of middle six wingers, it's the top end talent that is lacking. Johnsson doesn't help there.

And that 'average' defense corps is good for the sixth best goals against average in the league, with f***ing Petr Mrazek and Curtis McElhinney in net. They also give up the least amount of shots per game.

In summary, you're full of shit. You have no idea what you're talking about, and you should refrain from commenting on the Canes until you educate yourself as to what the hell you're talking about. Nobody is saying Johnsson is a bad player, he's just not what Carolina needs right now. Get over yourself, and your asinine need to insult people who disagree with you.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
The Canes have the 12th most points in the league. How is that mediocre? They're 6 whole points behind the Leafs. Ooooooh. So terrible. If they're mediocre then the Leafs are only a tiny bit above average.

And yes, you are a troll. And a bad one, at that.

The Canes r overachieving and the Leafs are playing awful and they aren't even close in points

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The Canes r overachieving and the Leafs are playing awful and they aren't even close in points

You're 12 points below the top of the league, but only 6 points above the lowly mediocre Hurricanes.

must burn to know you're barely above such a garbage Mickey Mouse southern non hockey market organization that's so terrible the only way they get people to come is for circus clown shoe infantile cringeworthy post game cellys

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Can not see the Leafs having the pieces the Ducks are looking for. Either way to expensive (Nylander) or not at the same level (Kapanen).

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Toronto's draft picks have always done so well for Anaheim but you don't have a first this year....

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Ya Johnsson is younger and is almost par with Nino as it sits with 3rd line minutes on a powerhouse offense. You need to figure out how you think Nini is better then him...that's hilarious

Who's better than Johnsson? AHO TT and ugh ya I checked the stats they are only ones ahead of him by a big margin
Since Nino joined Carolina he is averaging exactly 1PPG. 15 games, 9 goals, 6 assists. Very small sample size obviously. Niederreiter is also much bigger and more physical, which Carolina considers maybe a better fit alongside Aho.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
17-7 since NYE, but that’s just a streak. That’s 24 games! LOL @ you kid.

He’d be on our 4th line unless he could beat out Ferland. Deal with it. It’s true.
Johnsson in your fourth line? Do you even watch hockey? He’d Easily be your third best winger.

Not that I agree with the rest of that guys opinion, but AJ is a budding 50/60 point winger. Pretty good.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Johnsson in your fourth line? Do you even watch hockey? He’d Easily be your third best winger.

Not that I agree with the rest of that guys opinion, but AJ is a budding 50/60 point winger. Pretty good.

I like Johnsson and definitely think the Canes could use him (even though C and RW are a much bigger need), but I don't agree he'd "Easily" be the 3rd best winger.

He's not better than Justin Williams right now. He's not better than Teravainen right now. He's not better than Niederreiter (as a Cane) right now. It's debatable that he's better than Ferland right now. He's certainly better than every one else right now, including Svechnikov, in terms of his offense.

It's a fallacy to assume that a player scoring at a certain rate on 1 team will then score at the same rate on another team where he'll be playing with different talent and in a different role.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
FWIW, Friedman was on the 590 this morning and said given Dubas’ trip to see the Ducks on the west coast, that he thinks there could be something there.

Also said Leafs-Rangers have discussed Kreider but Rangers are looking for more than the 1st + Prospect they are asking for Hayes

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Pesce for whoever is currently playing 4th line left wing for the Marlies and a box of Hostess Sno-balls, I'm not talking about the generic brand Sno-balls but the real deal, alright? Leafs are generous to make that offer and the Canes suck anyway, so bow and kiss the ring and get it done
the pink ones or the white ones?? makes a difference y'know!

I believe there is a deal between the Leafs and Carolina sitting on the table waiting for the approval of Dundon, mainly because of the monies involved. Dundon as you know has been a little busy with this new American Football League or whatever it's called. He just stroked a cheque for 250m to bail them out and has been named CotB. Sooner or later he'll get back to Waddel hopefully before the 25th and they can put it to bed.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I like Johnsson and definitely think the Canes could use him (even though C and RW are a much bigger need), but I don't agree he'd "Easily" be the 3rd best winger.

He's not better than Justin Williams right now. He's not better than Teravainen right now. He's not better than Niederreiter (as a Cane) right now. It's debatable that he's better than Ferland right now. He's certainly better than every one else right now, including Svechnikov, in terms of his offense.

It's a fallacy to assume that a player scoring at a certain rate on 1 team will then score at the same rate on another team where he'll be playing with different talent and in a different role.

You are aware Johnsson has 19pts in his last 25gp, almost entirely in a bottom 6 roll (meaning 5-12 minutes a game with no Matthews, Marner, Tavares)? That is in line with Carolinas hottest players right now over the same timespan.

In his last 35gp he has 29pts (12:52 TOI), as compared to Teravainen 36pts (17:54 TOI), Williams 27pts (17:15 TOI), Ferland 21pts (14:38 TOI) and Niederreiter who has 15pts in 15gp since joining Carolina (18:31 TOI).

And his most common linemates this season have been Connor Brown and Par Lindholm, which I'm sure you knew, because you said you liked him.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Here is where this thread is going....

Leafs offer up what they are comfortable giving up. They understandably want to keep the core intact for a cup run. This makes perfect sense. As of late, the acceptable pieces to deal are some combination of Brown, Johnsson, Zaitsev, and/or picks.

Looking at the available pieces, Carolina will outright refuse Zaitsev and will only make TVR available for the other pieces. They may also consider Faulk. Hamilton and Pesce are not going to be available unless a much better piece is included in the deal (such as Kadri or Nylander, and possibly Kapanen).

Leafs fans will reject TVR and Faulk as not a good fit. At this point, the "deal" is dead.

Then we'll get another 30+ pages of fans insulting each others players, fanbases, GMs, and playoff history.

Wash and repeat when another insider tweet surfaces.
Given that we started at Nylander + a 1st for Faulk as best, I feel like we're making progress.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
You are aware Johnsson has 19pts in his last 25gp, almost entirely in a bottom 6 roll (meaning 5-12 minutes a game with no Matthews, Marner, Tavares)? That is in line with Carolinas hottest players right now over the same timespan.

In his last 35gp he has 29pts (12:52 TOI), as compared to Teravainen 36pts (17:54 TOI), Williams 27pts (17:15 TOI), Ferland 21pts (14:38 TOI) and Niederreiter who has 15pts in 15gp since joining Carolina (18:31 TOI).

And his most common linemates this season have been Connor Brown and Par Lindholm, which I'm sure you knew, because you said you liked him.

Over the last 10 games here are Johnsson's linemates for the 7 goals he has been on the ice for:

Johnsson-Lindholm-Gauthier = 2
Johnsson-Kadri-Nylander = 1
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen = 1
Johnsson-Marleau-Nylander = 1
Johnsson-Tavares-Nylander = 1
Johnsson-Gauthier-Hyman = 1

4 of his past 7 goals (majority) were scored with Nylander, Matthews, or Tavares on the ice. Spare us the high horse when the data is so easily obtained to show you are wrong.

Fantasy Hockey Line Production | Which NHL Lines Score the Most Goals | leftwinglock.com

Johnsson has also played 13-18 minutes in 18 of his past 25 games so I'm not sure where you are coming up with this 5-12 minute fairy tale.
Andreas Johnsson 2018-19 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Since Nino joined Carolina he is averaging exactly 1PPG. 15 games, 9 goals, 6 assists. Very small sample size obviously. Niederreiter is also much bigger and more physical, which Carolina considers maybe a better fit alongside Aho.

DING DING FREAKING DING!

I've complimented Johnsson, called him a great young player. You'd think I'd kicked someone's puppy. "Do you even watch hockey?!?!?!?!?!?! ERHMAGERD!!!!" LOL. He's not what we need right now.

If we are giving up a piece that we are fond of, we need to address an area of need. If that magical piece isn't out there, we roll with what we have. It seems to be working. We're in a playoff spot and playing great hockey..... ummm, I mean we're having a great streak. ;)

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Given that we started at Nylander + a 1st for Faulk as best, I feel like we're making progress.

Interesting, I do not seem to remember it that way. I do remember a lot of Slavin for Nylander and that was hilarious. Can you imagine how good Toronto would be with Slavin???

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Over the last 10 games here are Johnsson's linemates for the 7 goals he has been on the ice for:

Johnsson-Lindholm-Gauthier = 2
Johnsson-Kadri-Nylander = 1
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen = 1
Johnsson-Marleau-Nylander = 1
Johnsson-Tavares-Nylander = 1
Johnsson-Gauthier-Hyman = 1

4 of his past 7 goals (majority) were scored with Nylander, Matthews, or Tavares on the ice. Spare us the high horse when the data is so easily obtained to show you are wrong.

Fantasy Hockey Line Production | Which NHL Lines Score the Most Goals | leftwinglock.com

Johnsson has also played 13-18 minutes in 18 of his past 25 games so I'm not sure where you are coming up with this 5-12 minute fairy tale.
Andreas Johnsson 2018-19 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com

Spare what, arent you the one who said Johnsson would be a 4th liner on the Canes? Yet he's produced better that all but Aho and Teravainen over a lengthy span of games while averaging much less ice-time.

His most common linemates this season are Brown and Lindholm. Lines get jumbled often by Babcock for a shift of two to shake things up in game or following a PP. So Johnsson producing with 8 of 11 possible forwards on the Leafs doesnt really indicate the Matthews passenger narrative you canes fans love to spout.
Line Combinations - Frozen Tools

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Johnsson gets what 3rd 4th line minutes almost 30pts like that's insane and he took like 2 or 3 months to get going and missed I believe 5 or so games. And with Kapenen it's even better because AM was gone a month, Kadri sucked, Nylander hadn't come around yet and then Babcock kept messing with the lines he was still scoring. Now AM is fire Kap is fire and would be even more but Marleau messes up a lot of offensive zone plays or they'd both be better off.
The format of nearly every phrase in this post is; Unequivocally and homeristically prop up a Leaf tweener, gush like a schoolgirl (“...is Fire” how old are you 5?), and then toss out some unsubstantiated excuse why their deficiencies should be overlooked. I’m going to sticky this and refer to it whenever I need a “generic Leaf fan post” it just concisely checks so many boxes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad