Speculation: Leafs interested in Hurricanes RHDs

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I already posted this almost a week ago.

Sit down son.

Lol Bobby mac on tsn said on podcast leafs haven't recently spoke to Canes..yet anyway. And the pieces for montour dregs and lebrun said it'd be even higher then the 2 out of Carolina most likely. I think Bob is right. Meeting with Kaps agent see where they are at if the $ and term arent what we want or even close maybe he can't keep him OR maybe he can be not Johnsson.

Say we get Mcquaid..it means Johnsson and Kapenen are almost 100% going to sign maybe even this season. If we see a big trade one is gone and we know we couldn't fit them

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Johnsson is better than all 3 of those guys right now. Hes scoring at a 50 point pace while playing less than 13mins a game. Niedereeiter plays almost 3mins more a game last time I checked. Also, if youre going to make up a reason like "he plays with Matthews", his production was just as high while on the 4th line with Lindholm and Connor Brown. Theres a reason why Carolina got Nino for so cheap, he's overpaid for what he brings. The only winger on Carolina better than him is Teuvo. If Johnsson had more minutes he'd definitely be a 60 point player. Ive been screaming for the Oilers to trade for him while his value is low because he's obviously got untapped potential.

Johnsson gets what 3rd 4th line minutes almost 30pts like that's insane and he took like 2 or 3 months to get going and missed I believe 5 or so games. And with Kapenen it's even better because AM was gone a month, Kadri sucked, Nylander hadn't come around yet and then Babcock kept messing with the lines he was still scoring. Now AM is fire Kap is fire and would be even more but Marleau messes up a lot of offensive zone plays or they'd both be better off.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I’m going to let you figure this one out on your own.

Ya Johnsson is younger and is almost par with Nino as it sits with 3rd line minutes on a powerhouse offense. You need to figure out how you think Nini is better then him...that's hilarious

Who's better than Johnsson? AHO TT and ugh ya I checked the stats they are only ones ahead of him by a big margin

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Ya Johnsson is younger and is almost par with Nino as it sits with 3rd line minutes on a powerhouse offense. You need to figure out how you think Nini is better then him...that's hilarious

THIS is why these threads are insufferable. Arguing with ignorant people like you who QUITE OBVIOUSLY do not watch Hurricanes hockey. We acquired Nino Niederreiter 14 games ago. In those 14 games, he has 8 goals, 5 assists, is a +4. His immediate chemistry with the top line has led directly to one of best stretches of hockey we’ve played in a LONG time.

Johnsson looks good. He might be special. When I say he’d be on our 4th line right now, I wasn’t kidding. Trust the guy who watches the team.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
THIS is why these threads are insufferable. Arguing with ignorant people like you who QUITE OBVIOUSLY do not watch Hurricanes hockey. We acquired Nino Niederreiter 14 games ago. In those 14 games, he has 8 goals, 5 assists, is a +4. His immediate chemistry with the top line has led directly to one of best stretches of hockey we’ve played in a LONG time.

Johnsson looks good. He might be special. When I say he’d be on our 4th line right now, I wasn’t kidding. Trust the guy who watches the team.

Take your own advice then. Even the insiders said on their podcast if leafs told the Canes Johnsson was available there could well be a deal...w.e we tend to disagree let's see how it plays out.

Tbh I think we end up with Mcquaid or cheaper RHD. But watch that TSN podcast made a ton of sense

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Take your own advice then. Even the insiders said on their podcast if leafs told the Canes Johnsson was available there could well be a deal...w.e we tend to disagree let's see how it plays out.

Tbh I think we end up with Mcquaid or cheaper RHD. But watch that TSN podcast made a ton of sense

I think that's possible, but they also pointed out on that podcast they don't know if Toronto is looking at Pesce or Faulk, or even McQuaid with the Rangers for a pick. There may be interest in Johnsson from Carolina but there's been no talk of what the offer would be on Carolina's side.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015

Who's better than Johnsson? AHO TT and ugh ya I checked the stats they are only ones ahead of him by a big margin

You know what, you convinced me. He's so good that you should just keep him instead of offering him in trade threads

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Thats such a bs take. "I watch the I know more". You really think those 14 games overtake everything else he's done in his career? When Nino falls back to earth you really think Johnsson is your 4th best winger? You would think the Canes would be a playoff team if they had that kind of depth, not a team that has to do gimmicky tribal dances just to stay relevant.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Lol Bobby mac on tsn said on podcast leafs haven't recently spoke to Canes..yet anyway. And the pieces for montour dregs and lebrun said it'd be even higher then the 2 out of Carolina most likely. I think Bob is right. Meeting with Kaps agent see where they are at if the $ and term arent what we want or even close maybe he can't keep him OR maybe he can be not Johnsson.

Say we get Mcquaid..it means Johnsson and Kapenen are almost 100% going to sign maybe even this season. If we see a big trade one is gone and we know we couldn't fit them

:thumbu:

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Thats such a bs take. "I watch the I know more". You really think those 14 games overtake everything else he's done in his career? When Nino falls back to earth you really think Johnsson is your 4th best winger? You would think the Canes would be a playoff team if they had that kind of depth, not a team that has to do gimmicky tribal dances just to stay relevant.

Go away and leave our d-men alone. Johnsson is awesome. You should keep him. We’ll keep Pesce.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Go away and leave our d-men alone. Johnsson is awesome. You should keep him. We’ll keep Pesce.

Never wanted your dman. I was just sticking up for the facts. You would think with all this scoring depth you claim to have, and they high end D the Canes would be drawing fans with their play not the circus post game celebrations.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Never wanted your dman. I was just sticking up for the facts. You would think with all this scoring depth you claim to have, and they high end D the Canes would be drawing fans with their play not the circus post game celebrations.

You have no facts sir. You have ignorant opinions. Nino with another goal and assist tonight. That’s a PPG over the past 15 games for one of the hottest teams in hockey.

PS- we’re in a playoff spot. I’m glad you don’t need a d-man as I don’t think any of our best ones are going to be available. ;)

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
You have no facts sir. You have ignorant opinions. Nino with another goal and assist tonight. That’s a PPG over the past 15 games for one of the hottest teams in hockey.

PS- we’re in a playoff spot. I’m glad you don’t need a d-man as I don’t think any of our best ones are going to be available. ;)

Yupp just another hot streak don't worry. Remind me of all this depth once the Canes are in the draft lottery again. Hopefully they don't miss out on any of those ideas for those post game circus acts cuz they sure aren't going to have enough chances to use them all when they aint winning.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Yupp just another hot streak don't worry. Remind me of all this depth once the Canes are in the draft lottery again. Hopefully they don't miss out on any of those ideas for those post game circus acts cuz they sure aren't going to have enough chances to use them all when they aint winning.

Do you actually read the drivel you type before you hit the post button? I’ve done nothing but state an opinion about where Johnsson would play in our lineup, and you jump in and insult our players, our team, and our fans. You are acting like an infant and representing your fan base very poorly.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Do you actually read the drivel you type before you hit the post button? I’ve done nothing but state an opinion about where Johnsson would play in our lineup, and you jump in and insult our players, our team, and our fans. You are acting like an infant and representing your fan base very poorly.

Not even a leaf fan I just found it hilarious how arrogant you are about your team. Johnsson would legit be your 2nd best winger and you make stupid claims like he would be on your 4th line. All im saying is if youre team was so good that you have the luxury of putting guys like Johnsson on your 4th line, they would be known for their play not because of their embarrassing and gimmicky post game circus acts that aren't even original and were copied.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Pretty much...

Only thing I would say is that Johnsson would be a piece that should also be considered if Kapanen is also getting considered. Even if TVR or Faulk were a good fit, he probably would not be on the table for them (or maybe it would be a one-for-one for Faulk). He's quite a bit ahead of Brown in terms of value, and Brown himself could probably get something like a 2nd(+ maybe a 4th) himself with his term and abilities.

Our forwards are so good. Not sure it would be worth it unless its for Doughty or Seth Jones. Future considerations maybe?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Ok folks... quit arguing about Johnsson....

When teams make a trade, it's to fill a need. Carolina needs RW/C, not another LW. Leafs are weak on LW, and have extra RW/C.. so if the Leafs and Carolina do a deal, it's going to be a RHD, for a RW/C... the rest of the discussion is just wasting time.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Not even a leaf fan I just found it hilarious how arrogant you are about your team. Johnsson would legit be your 2nd best winger and you make stupid claims like he would be on your 4th line. All im saying is if youre team was so good that you have the luxury of putting guys like Johnsson on your 4th line, they would be known for their play not because of their embarrassing and gimmicky post game circus acts that aren't even original and were copied.

17-7 since NYE, but that’s just a streak. That’s 24 games! LOL @ you kid.

He’d be on our 4th line unless he could beat out Ferland. Deal with it. It’s true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad