Friedman: Leafs interested in Matthew Dumba

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
If only I had a penny for every time I heard this on HF then a trade happened :laugh:

Literally this one won't happen! Toronto is offering wingers. Wild have to move Zucker and donato or Zuccarello to make room for Kaprizov. But wild have to move two wingers.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I could see a hockey trade around both Kapenen and Johnsson with Dumba + roster players going back if the Wild can find a deal to get a center using other pieces.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I could see a hockey trade around both Kapenen and Johnsson with Dumba + roster players going back if the Wild can find a deal to get a center using other pieces.

Hmm, now that is an interesting idea. The Leafs don't want to give up Nylander, Kapanen or Johnsson alone isn't enough to get what they want (even after adding the usual Bracco+2nd) but Kapanen AND Johnsson is a different story.

I'm intrigued. Giving up one of those 2 is relatively easy for the Leafs to stomach with their depth. Both of them though, that's a lot harder but not nearly as hard as giving up Nylander so if they get back the right Dman, it might be a good idea.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Hmm, now that is an interesting idea. The Leafs don't want to give up Nylander, Kapanen or Johnsson alone isn't enough to get what they want (even after adding the usual Bracco+2nd) but Kapanen AND Johnsson is a different story.

I'm intrigued. Giving up one of those 2 is relatively easy for the Leafs to stomach with their depth. Both of them though, that's a lot harder but not nearly as hard as giving up Nylander so if they get back the right Dman, it might be a good idea.

Wild want quality not quantity

How hard is that for leaf fans to process?

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
This thread did not disappoint lol

Knew I was going to see some combo of Bracco, AJ, 1st, Dermott, KK.

Dumba doesn't solve the Leafs problems. The Leafs need MULTIPLE able bodied defensive players not another offensive minded D

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I can tell you the only way that would happen is if the Wild trade like 3-4 wingers for a top 6 center. Then trading Dumba for Kapanen and Johnson might make sense.

You see that being realistic?

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Don’t the leafs need more of a Brodin then they do a Dumba ?(leafs fans correct me if I’m wrong) Also there is nothing wrong with leafs doing there due diligence on defensemen and there is nothing wrong with the Wild see what value their players have.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019

What part don't you get wuld have to get rid of wingers already with Kaprizov coming?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I see you're from Minnesota so I assume a Wild fan, and assuming you're serious - I don't see why the Wild would make that type of deal with Parise and Zuc signed for the next 4.5 and 5.5 years with NMC's, Zucker, Fiala, Hartman, Donato, Kunin, Greenway, Kaprizov, Boldy - all wingers. Maybe AJ and KK offer different skill sets but trading a RDH for more wingers doesn't really add up.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not just directed at Leaf fans because everyone does it. But why do people think that quality players can always be acquired by just throwing a bunch of mediocre pieces in a pile. Chances are if you’re going to acquire a good player you’re going to have to give up at least one player of quality in return. In other words part of the trade is going to hurt a bit.

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
People act like leaf fans made up this rumor lol. We dont have a center to give or a first yet we keep hearing insiders bring it up. Theres clearly meat on the bone

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
Bracco + Johnsson + 2nd?

I think if any deal is being made, the wild are looking for offense and you will have to part ways with Nylander. Leaf fans you can start the scorch fest of how awesome and great he is and all that other blasphemy.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
People act like leaf fans made up this rumor lol. We dont have a center to give or a first yet we keep hearing insiders bring it up. Theres clearly meat on the bone
I don't think anyone disputes that Toronto's interested. The question is whether or not Minnesota is.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Leafs would want to trade Dermott +Kapanen and the wild would want Nylander or Sandin.

Either way won't happen. I don't see the Wild moving him for a package involving Kapanen, he's not valuable enough (Kapanen)

Of course Kapanen is valuable. He is a second line RW, who can PK. The only reason he isn't on the first or second line, is because we have Nylander and Marner.

Kap+2nd should be able to get Dumba.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
You now know how CAR fans felt last year when every other thread on this board from Nov 2018 to last season’s deadline was dedicated to one of Pesce or Hamilton to TOR for Zaitsev + Johnsson/Kapanen. It will only get worse...

It was a result of Carolina's interest. And it only involved Pesce and Nylander.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad