Eklund Rumor: Leafs interested in Karlsson.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Ekkund was a serious reporter at one point wasn’t he?

He was a struggling musician before he broke a few stories around the 05 lockout and tried to remain relevant by throwing any turd he gather and throwing it at the wall to see if it would stick.

images

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
For a day. They invited him to the deadline day show, realized how full of ..... he is and never invited him back. He would say a rumor and within minutes a real insider broke a trade involving the player he mentioned going to another team.

Have I lost my mind or did they conceal his identity on air too where you couldn’t see his face?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Depending on how the Leafs feel about Brodie, they can make it work to get Karlsson. I’m not sure how they sign six forwards, a defenseman, and Samsonov after such a deal with about 14.7 mil but it is possible. Wouldn’t have a lot of depth up front though.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Early on yes, he broke Heatly for Hossa that's how he got his name.

He also had Carter to Columbus, Richards to LA, and the Cody Franson, and Mike Lombardi trade to Toronto.

What i'm garnering from this...is that Eklunds actual sources are closely related to bottle service.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Any of the core 4 without an nmc? I could see Marner or Matthews for Karlsson+.

Highly unlikely, but it’d be interesting.

Also, I’m interested in Emma Watson. Doesn’t mean anything is happening there.
Already gave up? Have you forgotten magic is in the air

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Sure bring in another 10 million contract. I don't know how they'll fill the roster, but if they want, I would glady take the league minimum to help 🤣. There's even people living under the Gardner Express who could come too since cap space would be tight.
Why bring? Trade one albatros contract for another. Im sure someone can photoshop tavares with sharks blanket.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I feel like Eklund reports on rumours given to him by people who are told fake rumours to see if they are leaking information to the media

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Have I lost my mind or did they conceal his identity on air too where you couldn’t see his face?

You are correct.

He was in the upstairs boardroom at Sportsnet's old studios, which looked over the bullpen and the area where the rest of the panel had their studio.

He was backlit, like a mafia informant.

At one point, the panel threw to him where he reported that "sources" had told him that Ryan Smyth was going to sign an extension with the Edmonton Oilers. They then cut away from him with Breaking News: Ryan Smyth had been traded to the New York Islanders. There was audible laughter from the bullpen that you could actually hear on air, though faintly.

Boston Pizza was a sponsor and the entire bullpen and studio smelled like a 12-year old's birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese which somehow seemed perfectly fitting for the first, and last, visit for Eklund.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It's an E3.

I won't denying he'd fill a need considering Rielly is the ONLY one that can generate offense from the defense.

But this is highly unlikely.
Timmins can generate offense. It’s weird y’all benched him for a bunch of bottom pair cross checking plugs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Timmins can generate offense. It’s weird y’all benched him for a bunch of bottom pair cross checking plugs.

He can but that requires him A being on this team next year and B being good enough for a regular spot of both of those things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad