The Star: Leafs Institute New Ticket Pricing Policy

Heisenberg Blue*

Just eating up some of the profits the scalpers would otherwise get. :(

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just eating up some of the profits the scalpers would otherwise get. :(

Scalpers buy the tickets from Subscribers who pay significantly less than ticket price. I think this probably helps the scalpers.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Makes sense from a financial stand point. Raise prices when demand is high, lower prices when demand is low.

Helps the Subscribers for sure.

I pay $38 per seat($1710/45) and would only ever sell them for the $55 ticket price. Now I can move them from $95 - $65 per seat and pocket the larger difference.
Of course I'll lose a bit in pre-season but that's always been the case.

Wasn't this reported on last year?

It was reported on but started in 2010 and not as varied as this.

From the FAQ.
When did the Leafs start tiered pricing?
We launched tiered pricing during the 2010-11 Season where we introduced “Premium”
and “Regular” games

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
So, has the price been raised for "premium" games or has the price been lowered for non premium games?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
So, has the price been raised for "premium" games or has the price been lowered for non premium games?

Looks like everything has been raised except pre-season which has been lowered.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
im sure at the end of the day the total amount that season ticket holders will have to pay is more than last year? just a nifty way to give another price hike..somebody can confirm this with me?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
im sure at the end of the day the total amount that season ticket holders will have to pay is more than last year? just a nifty way to give another price hike..somebody can confirm this with me?

Yes and no.

My seats went up $1 per seat, $37 - $38 per game. The tickets last year were $55 or $70 per seat.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Yes and no.

My seats went up $1 per seat, $37 - $38 per game. The tickets last year were $55 or $70 per seat.

so yes this would be a price hike to you in cost (MLSE will make a bit more money) however since you resell you will be able to make much more money selling at "face value"

this appears to me a clever way for MLSE to make extra money and season ticket holders to benifit, while at the same time an end user like me wanting to go to 5 games a year is screwed over

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
so yes this would be a price hike to you in cost (MLSE will make a bit more money) however since you resell you will be able to make much more money selling at "face value"

this appears to me a clever way for MLSE to make extra money and season ticket holders to benifit, while at the same time an end user like me wanting to go to 5 games a year is screwed over

Lifes not fair, try going to 5 concerts a year.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
This tiered system didn't impact our overall price, just the distribution per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: