leafs in 2013 short season

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
if the season does start in jan.
how many players do the leafs need to sign ?
I'm thinking at least 3 defence and 1 more forward
leave the players down in the ahl, the marlies are doing good, its only a shortened NHL season

they have 11 mil to spend to the cap.

Apr 1, 2010
if the season does start in jan.
how many players do the leafs need to sign ?
I'm thinking at least 3 defence and 1 more forward
leave the players down in the ahl, the marlies are doing good, its only a shortened NHL season

they have 11 mil to spend to the cap.

Who's available?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
No room unless someone is bought out tbh. Too many bodies.

Players on last year of contracts:
MacArthur (3.25)
Connolly (4.75)
Lombardi (3.5)
Steckel (1.1)

Players on last year of contracts that will probably be re-signed:
Bozak
Lupul

Next year is the year to potentially make a splash in free agency. However, considering Burke's recent signings, I hope he stays away from it.

Apr 1, 2010

MacArthur (3.25)
Connolly (4.75)
Lombardi (3.5)
Steckel (1.1)

Bozak
Lupul

Next year is the year to potentially make a splash in free agency. However, considering Burke's recent signings, I hope he stays away from it.

HE seems to better with a trade than he does with FA.

Although with the undrafted ufa's he has hit a home run. Compared to any other GM.

Question:
If hte NHL plays this year,
Do the Anti - BUrke Crowd count this as a full season?

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I believe just Franson has to be resigned.

Connolly and Lombardi will 100% be gone, Connolly through trade, Lombardi simply dumped.

Hoping MacA gets traded, he does have some value and is a decent player, throw him to st louis or something for a pick/prospect.

Resign Lupul, trade Bozak for Luongo like rumored(hehe) or resign him if he stays.

leaves us with ALOT of capspace, something like an extra 13-14 mil this offseason.

and who's a free agent, Getzlaf and Perry!(who I'm surprised didnt resign).

Would be a dream if we got them both, but maybe one will be interested?

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Why would we leave them down? It doesn't matter if its a shortened season, we're trying to make the playoffs. Three dmen, why? Why would we sign those players? We'd just have last years' lineup with additions of McClement, Komarov, etc. and subtraction of Franson, I guess.

:facepalm:

Apr 1, 2010
Why wouldn't you count this as a season? The number of games is basically meaningless for Burke's job. He had his off-season, he'll have his trade deadline, and he'll have his draft.

#1 BUrke hasn't been allowed to talk TO players during the lockout.
#2 B urke hasn't been allowed to talk ABOUT players with other GMs during the lockout.

But ya let's say he has had an entire year to do his job. So WRONG! :shakehead

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
#1 BUrke hasn't been allowed to talk TO players during the lockout.
#2 B urke hasn't been allowed to talk ABOUT players with other GMs during the lockout.

But ya let's say he has had an entire year to do his job. So WRONG! :shakehead

Burke's job should always be compared to how the team progresses compared to the rest of the league. He's under the same disadvantages as the rest of the NHL world. He's had exactly as much of a year to do his job as all the other GMs. Why should he get bonus marks?

As I said aready, he'll still get his major season markers - draft, UFA, and trade deadline.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Question:
If hte NHL plays this year,
Do the Anti - BUrke Crowd count this as a full season?

Absolutely. They counted his first season as a full season, as well, even through he had no input in what the team would look like for the majority of the season.

As long as there's a decent window for "pre-season" trades, and a TDL, he's had as much of a chance to alter the team during the offseason as any other team has.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
so what is some line predictions

anyone?

Realistically.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - MacArthur
Kulemin - McClement - Connolly
Lombardi - Steckel - Brown

In a short season I would think the kids would stay with the Marlies.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

MacArthur (3.25)
Connolly (4.75)
Lombardi (3.5)
Steckel (1.1)

Bozak
Lupul

I would think Steckel will be re-signed too. He is a very good role player with his faceoffs and his size is nice on the back end. It's gotta be almost a certainty that Lupul is retained. He loves it here and Toronto loves him.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
Realistically.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - MacArthur
Kulemin - McClement - Connolly
Lombardi - Steckel - Brown

In a short season I would think the kids would stay with the Marlies.

Id rather
Lupol - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo- Kulemin

MacArthur - Mclement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel Brown

Buyout Connolly or Lambardi and Dump the other.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Or bury him. Im sick of seeing him on this team. The kids need to be playing. Frattin needs a spot.

Connolly isn't as bad as we act like he is, sure he's not that #1 C we were hoping for but he is still an effective 2/3 guy on many teams. Lombardi came back from missing a lot of time due to injury, he played very well with limited ice time for a guy returning after so long. He will continue to improve, and is still an NHL calibre player, plus he was pretty good with Kessel and Lupul on the first line the two or three games that was tried. I'm not saying we should keep either of them, just saying they are both NHL players and get way too much hate by Leaf fans who expect every forward thats coming in to score goals. Other fan bases say the same thing about us.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
Connolly isn't as bad as we act like he is, sure he's not that #1 C we were hoping for but he is still an effective 2/3 guy on many teams. Lombardi came back from missing a lot of time due to injury, he played very well with limited ice time for a guy returning after so long. He will continue to improve, and is still an NHL calibre player, plus he was pretty good with Kessel and Lupul on the first line the two or three games that was tried. I'm not saying we should keep either of them, just saying they are both NHL players and get way too much hate by Leaf fans who expect every forward thats coming in to score goals. Other fan bases say the same thing about us.

I dont hate them. I just dont like that Kadri and Frattin arent getting there chance because of them. Connolly isnt on our first because him and Kessel dont look good together. He isnt the type of 3rd line player I want on this team.
Lombardi just cant finish. I would give him 3rd line minutes for like 5-10 games. if he cant finish checks and get some chances with his speed. get rid of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad