Confirmed with Link: Leafs hire Spencer Carbery (AHL Hershey) as Assistant Coach

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
lol
keefe got out coached in back to back years with the same game plan by tortz and montreal. I can understanding critisizing Babcock but dont think its wise using Keefe since he's been worse so far.
I would say out coached in one and stopped by the best active goalie that was fully rested and healthy in the other

Reactions: hockeywiz542

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
disagree. When ur up 3-1. You close it out. His top line got shut down. Had to move Marner down and bench Thornton who was clearly useless.
I agree with that too but the point still stands. Price was the significant difference imo.
I don't think the two are exclusive and I was screaming for him to break up the Matthews Marner line to get them away from the match up, but they had good chances and were stonewalled by price.

I just looked it up and since 2000 Montreal had comeback from 3-1 deficits 3 times; leafs most recent, Washington in 2010 and the Bruins in 2004.
If this trend holds we could be hoisting the cup soon

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
This bench lacks experience still

Keefe has made some extremely questionable decisions over our last 2 playoff appearances and needs somebody to help him keep calm when the pressure goes on

This doesn't solve that problem
Rookie hiring rookies. It's what MLSE does now.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
L
Leafs hire experience
HF: he's a dinosaur that's out of touch

Leafs hire young
HF: he doesn't have experience

I think it was you that made the first argument if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
So why will he make the team better?

That is just a question, not a slight or endorsement.

What does he bring that the team is lacking?

I'm stuck in the 1 goal in 7 games loop.

Playoffs PP was absolute trash, but was it the system or players?

One of the most talented teams since Sundin, Mogilny, Tucker, Roberts, but they're lacking Tucker and Roberts.

Hopefully Ritchie and Bunting will be our poor man's version of Roberts and Tucker.

Reactions: ULF_55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad