Confirmed with Link: Leafs hire Spencer Carbery (AHL Hershey) as Assistant Coach

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Maybe this move allows them to re-assign some of Malhotra's responsibilities but still keep him around for things he does do well.
What does Manny do well with? Standing with his hands in his pockets? Tough gig

Hopefully no more drop back passes to no one on our blueline to "throw off the defense" when we're skating up on the PP

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Caps fans aren't happy with this which I guess is a positive. However Canucks fans said Gillman and Malhotra were good and we know how thats worked out so time will tell.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seems we are running a 3 assistant bench then.

I wonder if Carbery takes over the PP

Reactions: kb

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
What does Manny do well with? Standing with his hands in his pockets? Tough gig

Hopefully no more drop back passes to no one on our blueline to "throw off the defense" when we're skating up on the PP

He must do something well if they didn't ax him. I'm giving him somewhat the benefit of the doubt.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
clearly these moves are an acknowledgement that their development model has not worked. another failure for Dufas.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This bench lacks experience still

Keefe has made some extremely questionable decisions over our last 2 playoff appearances and needs somebody to help him keep calm when the pressure goes on

This doesn't solve that problem

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

Keefe has made some extremely questionable decisions over our last 2 playoff appearances and needs somebody to help him keep calm when the pressure goes on

It's crazy how many newbies get jobs in this organization. I'm honestly thinking of applying for a role.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

an assistant coach isn't there to simply overrule the head coach when he makes a decision that the fans deem as questionable, so you will probably never get your wish

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
an assistant coach isn't there to simply overrule the head coach when he makes a decision that the fans deem as questionable, so you will probably never get your wish

Your an idiot if you think putting Tavares Matthews and Marner on one line while Nylander plays center for the 1st time in how many years? In an elimination game isn't questionable

Or not splitting up Matthews and Marner as they do absolutely nothing over an entire 7 game playoff round

I realize your a cheerleader for this lot but you should try a little critical thinking then get back to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad