Proposal: Leafs-Flyers

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
I don't think he meant an all star appearance means he's on par with the superstars.

Fact is leo is a solid middle six forward still under 30.
He is very capable of being a 20/20 player and he hits everything.
He is a leader in the dressing room and was even given the captains stall after the neuf trade.

Any team in the east would have to overpay.
End of discussion really

He called the guy an All Star player, not sure what else that could mean in the context he used

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Based on what the OP has offered for Komarov, there is no deal to be had here.
Next.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
All Star player = Player who played in the all star game last year.

Shouldn't be too hard even for you.

What is your point?

When comparing player A to player B and using "player B was an All Star", that is used to enhance player B's argument vs player A.

You said he wasn't trying to say that but there's no other reason somebody would say player B is an all star if it wasn't used to build up the argument for said player vs another player. Try to comprehend that explanation, might be a little hard and I get it but at least try.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Rebuilding Toronto is not going to trade a quality gritty checker and veteran player for a 38 year old D.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Streit is a bad fit for the Leafs, perhaps we could interest you in a slightly used Andrew MacDonald?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The flyers really have no need for him either. This is just a poor exchange.

Komarov is better than most of the Flyers bottom 6. Would love to have him there..and he can slot up when need be.

imapylon

Mar 6, 2016
We (Leafs) do have a log jam up front and Streit could help mentor the young guys, however the Leafs would say no as Komorov is a guy they would like to keep because he plays a hard working style that the team needs to learn

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
We (Leafs) do have a log jam up front and Streit could help mentor the young guys, however the Leafs would say no as Komorov is a guy they would like to keep because he plays a hard working style that the team needs to learn

Im pretty sure Leo is much better Mentor for Young Kids than Streit.

Actually Leo is one of the best off ice mentors there is in the hockey world.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013

Good point...

Im pretty sure Leo is much better Mentor for Young Kids than Streit.

Based on what?

Mark Streit was/is:

-Captain of the ZSC Lions from age 24
-Captain of the Swiss national team
-Captain of the New York Islanders
-Assistant Captain of the Philadelphia Flyers

Leo would Be easily top6 in Flyers. Better than everyone not named Voracek or Simmonds.

I guess you're only talking wingers?

Anyways, Schenn is also better. And I'd rather give the spot in the top6 to a younger player like Konecny or Laughton.

(Edit: I'd love to have Komarov though if that means Read or Raffl are off the books)

Rebuilding Toronto is not going to trade a quality gritty checker and veteran player for a 38 year old D.

It doesn't make sense to anyone and that's why this thread has just become a pissing match between two fanbases with some others trolling in.:laugh:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

And a quality gritty checker who has very strong leadership qualities that a a young, rebuilding team desperately needs

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Depends how Streit plays going into the deadline, but if it's something similar to last year, I see Streit as more like 2 2nds or a 2nd & 3rd kind of player. I am fine with that and it could get to the first level if he players close to the .5 PPG player he was into the later stages.

On value, this trade favors the Flyers, but not sure what sense this trade makes for either team at this stage of the offseason.

I don't think Streit will even be able to get a 2nd if he plays anything like last year. He was a huge defensive liability and his offensive game & skating really fell off the map. Maybe it had something to do with the surgery on his pubic bone, but I don't see him returning much more value than a 3rd & 4th unless a good team loses a key offensive defenseman and is desperate.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

And Streit was named to the World Cup Europe team. It's meaningless really.

Leo would Be easily top6 in Flyers. Better than everyone not named Voracek or Simmonds.

?????

He would be the 6th best forward behind G, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn and Couts. Leo would push Raffl to our bottom 6, but that is all.

But again, please note that pretty much every Flyers fan in here says the Leafs have no reason to do this deal.

dannybzz

Jun 17, 2013
Toronto, ON
And Streit was named to the World Cup Europe team. It's meaningless really.

?????

He would be the 6th best forward behind G, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn and Couts. Leo would push Raffl to our bottom 6, but that is all.

But again, please note that pretty much every Flyers fan in here says the Leafs have no reason to do this deal.

And in the long-term I rather see Konecny in that top 6 role with G, Voracek, Simmer, Schenn and Coots. We have a plethora of middle six forwards, no need for Komarov (note: this is not a knock of his value since everyone seems to take offense to the idea)

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Komarov is a 29 year old grinder/power forward that had 19 goals in 67 games last year. You may not like him but he's a more valuable asset than Streit.

Flyers consider "touching" it.

The Leafs do not.

More valuable then Streit ? BwaaHaaaHaaa. Komarov has played what 170 NHL games, and has 70 points ? Streit has more points then that the last 2 years !!! SOME leafs fans are dilusional.

Streit is still a top 3 defenseman where Komarov is nothing but a 4th line center on the Flyers

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

I have to admit, after so much stuff against Matthews/Marner from Finnish posters, it's weird to see the homerism in the Leafs favour this time :laugh:

Leo's a fine player Philly should want, but that is certainly overrating him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad