Proposal: Leafs-Flyers

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Streit would be good for a team where real money matter more than cap space.

He is only owed 2 million in real money this season so a non-cap team could want a PP QB.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I wouldn't say Leo is untouchable because that's ridiculous, but he's definitely worth more to the Leafs than the rest of the League at this point. Hence the ridiculous Streit straight up for him proposal.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
How can you ask for 1st round pick in a trade which includes Streit as the main piece? That's not realistic.

If a fit Streit proves he's still a 45/50 point defenseman he'll fetch a late first or an early second at the deadline. Teams value that on a cup run. The fact he's an impending UFA works well for this too.

Flyers would be happy to get rid of that salary. I think the Flyers would have to add some sort of draft pick(s) or prospect.

Streit is still very much an asset that people would pay for at the deadline. You're mixing him up with MacDonald.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
:leafs

Mark Streit

:flyers

Leo Komarov

Who adds?

hmmm who adds. 29 year old hit machine coming off 19g/36pt in 67 game season making under 3 million or overpaid 38 year old coming off his worst season in a decade.

leafs probably laugh and hang up if this is the offer.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I don't think anyone adds a lot for a near-30 forward with a career high of 36 points.

We have no interest in Komarov.

yeah why would they want a solid 2 way guy that would have been their 7th leading scorer despite playing just 67 games? :shakehead

just because the flyers have a pile of lesser bottom 6 forwards in read, white, bellemare/whatever they role out doesnt mean they wouldnt take leo in a heartbeat.

watch literally 1 leafs game and you will see why. also toronto wouldnt give him up for a hot garbage return like streit who they wouldnt dare protect.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Streit would be good for a team where real money matter more than cap space.

He is only owed 2 million in real money this season so a non-cap team could want a PP QB.

For sure.

Streit just isn't a player the Leafs would target in a trade. On defense they need physical defensive d men... Rielly and Gardiner will be given the minutes that Streit is most effective in... Furthermore, Komarov is the unofficial captain of the team. He has great leadership qualities and is loved by his teammates. He already brings the intagibles they're looking for.

Not to say he won't be traded, but he has huge value to the Leafs and I'd be very suprised. Babcock wants more Leo Komarovs.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Hahaha. No.

That click you just heard is me hanging up and blocking the number.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I say no as well. Streit should fetch value at the deadline. Maybe I'm guilty of loving the one I'm with but Streit has more value to a contender in need of a PP quarterback than a bottom 6 forward.

If the Flyers needed toughness on the bottom six I'd be intrigued but those players can be had on the cheap.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I say no as well. Streit should fetch value at the deadline. Maybe I'm guilty of loving the one I'm with but Streit has more value to a contender in need of a PP quarterback than a bottom 6 forward.

If the Flyers needed toughness on the bottom six I'd be intrigued but those players can be had on the cheap.

a bottom 6 forward who plays tough, is among the hits leaders, and who can potentially be a 20/20 guy (would have easily done that if he hadnt gotten hurt last year)?

yeah no way a dman who will be 39 this year coming off a 23 pt season is worth that.

streit may fetch a late 2nd if the flyers retain half. leafs would laugh at the same offer for komarov.

also what guys can be had for cheap put up .54ppg and hit a tonne a-la clutterbuck? myth

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
a bottom 6 forward who plays tough, is among the hits leaders, and who can potentially be a 20/20 guy (would have easily done that if he hadnt gotten hurt last year)

Funny how biased posts get if you account injury for one player but not for the other:laugh:

Also, you seem to get worked up way too much over this...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Funny how biased posts get if you account injury for one player but not for the other:laugh:

Also, you seem to get worked up way too much over this...

streits numbers were still well below what he is being paid to put up.
80 games would have had him at 29 pts....

not getting worked up just think its a garbage offer thats borderline trolling. should be locked soon enough

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
How can you ask for 1st round pick in a trade which includes Streit as the main piece? That's not realistic.

Puck-Moving Defensmen net a premium at the trade deadline. Him being a UFA and owed very little in real cash only improves his value, we also have the ability to retain cap space to further increase it. To a playoff team looking for a veteran presence who can play either the Right or Left side, that can QB a very good PP? Yea, he better be worth a first +.

Look at what Timonen got in his last year, and he hadn't played a game the whole season. Streit is a year removed from being in the top 10 for scoring and 2 and 3 years from being top 15.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
streits numbers were still well below what he is being paid to put up.
80 games would have had him at 29 pts....

not getting worked up just think its a garbage offer thats borderline trolling. should be locked soon enough

But again, context matters.

Streit was playing with a dislocated pubic bone. And then came back after surgery and it was still bothering him. And he lost his spot on the PP to Ghost.

In no way am I saying the OP is a god deal. It isn't. The Leafs have no use for Streit and Leo is loved. But Streit is expected to have a bouneback year given what he went thru last year.

Again, context.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Philly has been shopping Streit for a while now and nobody wants to take him even for free.

What makes you think Toronto would give up an all star player for him?

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Philly has been shopping Streit for a while now and nobody wants to take him even for free.

Please tell me you aren't trying to use All Star game appearances to justify your argument...

And for the record the Flyers would probably add to the trade so I'm in no way defending the OP at all

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Lol...what?

We have not been shopping Stret at all. And come on, Leo is an all star like Girgensons and his 18 points are.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013

Coincidentally it would be an all-star for all-star trade:naughty:

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Please tell me you aren't trying to use All Star game appearances to justify your argument...

And for the record the Flyers would probably add to the trade so I'm in no way defending the OP at all

I don't think he meant an all star appearance means he's on par with the superstars.

Fact is leo is a solid middle six forward still under 30.
He is very capable of being a 20/20 player and he hits everything.
He is a leader in the dressing room and was even given the captains stall after the neuf trade.

Any team in the east would have to overpay.
End of discussion really

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Flyers pass. Streit may very well be moved at the deadline for a decent pick and or prospect to a team in need of a playoff push. Plus the Flyers have young players who fill the roll just as good if not better than Komarov.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No offense to Flyers but Komarov isn't really available unless there is a severe overpayment coming our way.

I could see you doing well with trading Streit at the deadline if you're not in the playoff picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad