Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You truly don't think, Lou will consider how to make the team survive IF the post-season is there/within reach.

Shanny himself said they not trying to do this slow. When it happens it happens.

He also said they're not going to sacrifice the future to push for a short run.

What we need are pieces to help us throughout the next 5-10 years. not to be 1 and done in the playoffs this year. and you'll be competing against all the teams that DO have the pieces to load up for bear.

Our best bet is to do moves leading up to and on Draft day and after July 1st after we've paid all our bonuses and we've lost a crap tonne of all the crap contracts. I don't see - personally any reason for Lou to make moves to "make the playoffs" (and it's not so much so we can "draft high" - it's, on the surface - a very weak draft in terms of significant, impactful talent.

i'd rather - Play Freddy until his legs fall off (to see how much he can play/can't play). ascertain what you want in regards to players, - make moves in June/July/August - and then go for it next year, and make proper moves then.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Pot / kettle a lil bit there Mr. Simmons.

This is a big 2 week stretch for the club. Still ~50 games left but the next half dozen could define the season.

Time for the big 3 fwds and big 3 d to set the tone.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Hate when ppl say these are must win games and the most important games of the season...until the next one is. They are all important and all must wins. Division opponents are more important, but this has been known for years...why keep repeating something that doesn't need repeating???

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Hate when ppl say these are must win games and the most important games of the season...until the next one is. They are all important and all must wins. Division opponents are more important, but this has been known for years...why keep repeating something that doesn't need repeating???

We haven't faced a divisional opponent in sometime.
Unlike other seasons (like last year), the standings mean something more than a draft pick.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Doubt they want to waste a roster spot when they have fully capable backup goaltenders already in the system. I also thought Bibeau looked decent in his start this year.

They don't have fully capable backup goalies in the system though if they did Andersen wouldn't have 100% of our wins

Capable backups win games

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I think Freddy plays tonight to give us the best chance of winning against fla, the weaker team, and then bibs is given tb for a chance to shine

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think Freddy plays tonight to give us the best chance of winning against fla, the weaker team, and then bibs is given tb for a chance to shine

Have you looked at TB's injury list? I am not sure Florida is the weaker team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad