Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
With Babcock saying, that Freddy and Antoine will splits the starts in the FL road trip, I say Antoine gets this game.

This is the most important part of the season for the Leafs. 3 games against 3 divisional rivals, who are all around us. Our opponents aren't playing well, and we have to hope that we can one more time, take both on the back to back.

The Wings are a lesser team, but I keep worrying about visitors always taking Outdoor Games. Hopefully we can avoid the 1-goal loss, that afflicted the Arenas in 1917.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
With Babcock saying, that Freddy and Antoine will splits the starts in the FL road trip, I say Antoine gets this game.

This is the most important part of the season for the Leafs. 3 games against 3 divisional rivals, who are all around us. Our opponents aren't playing well, and we have to hope that we can one more time, take both on the back to back.

The Wings are a lesser team, but I keep worrying about visitors always taking Outdoor Games. Hopefully we can avoid the 1-goal loss, that afflicted the Arenas in 1917.

Didn't he say that before our last back to back too?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I thought Bibeau was getting one of the avs or coyotes...what happened?

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
If the Leafs want to make the playoffs why are they starting Bibeau, is there no better backup to be bought?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
If the Leafs want to make the playoffs why are they starting Bibeau, is there no better backup to be bought?

Doubt they want to waste a roster spot when they have fully capable backup goaltenders already in the system. I also thought Bibeau looked decent in his start this year.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Yes, ideally they want to make the playoffs every year but their focus is more long term than on this season. There is no rush or even a need to buy anything.

...and that's the rub.
If you're there, or in reach, and you see your competitors loading up, why not?

Personally, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth, if we were there, and did nothing, and fell out.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
...and that's the rub.

Personally, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth, if we were there, and did nothing, and fell out.

I am not ready to give up any futures for a run this season. Come on. I don't think Lou and company are ready either. I don't care what other teams do, Leafs are building something special here. I'd be kinda upset and confused if they "load up" this season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Babcock also said bibeau would play one of the back to bqcks last week too. but he didn't.

my guess is Andy gets the first game and depending on how it goes might get the second game too.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
...and that's the rub.

there's no rub.
we aren't ready to load up for bear.

the best thing for the Leafs to do - is to be competitive in March, so they can get that taste of pushing for the playoffs in their mouths, and then you see what we need, and craft things on that.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
there's no rub.
we aren't ready to load up for bear.

the best thing for the Leafs to do - is to be competitive in March, so they can get that taste of pushing for the playoffs in their mouths, and then you see what we need, and craft things on that.

You truly don't think, Lou will consider how to make the team survive IF the post-season is there/within reach.

Shanny himself said they not trying to do this slow. When it happens it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad