Proposal: Leafs/Flames

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If there is a Tkachuk-Nylander trade (god no, please no that is awful for the Flames) there is no way that Hamonic is being included on the Flames side with something small on the Leafs side.

The Leafs are the team adding in a 1 for 1 swap.

yeah no thanks from the leafs. Nylander has 26 PPP as a rookie, and 49 ESP in his 2nd year. do the math if he gets 1st unit PP time again

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Sorry but you make that trade 11 times out of 10 and twice on Sundays if you're the Leafs.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
yeah no thanks from the leafs. Nylander has 26 PPP as a rookie, and 49 ESP in his 2nd year. do the math if he gets 1st unit PP time again

I did that math and I would still easily take the better player in Tkachuk.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I really hate that people are now using reddiots as sources. This will be a shit show like the Saros thread.

Did Treliving talk to the Leafs? Probably, he talks to every GM about every player.

Did the Leafs GM listen? Probably, its called doing your due diligence.

This is a nonstory unless Nylander low-key asked for a trade.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Doesn't make sense for Calgary.

Not giving up tkachuk. Not giving up hanifin.

Can't imagine a d prospect would be enough.

So ya. Doesn't make sense unless it was an all in move for Giordano and flames extend their window

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Doesn't make sense for Calgary.

Not giving up tkachuk. Not giving up hanifin.

Can't imagine a d prospect would be enough.

So ya. Doesn't make sense unless it was an all in move for Giordano and flames extend their window
Yeah, the only thing that makes sense is them talking at some point. Unless JT wants his buddy Hamonic on the team. But I really don't see a fit for either team.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Tkachuk hamonic for Nylander + something small. Depending on Calgary’s needs
Is the +something small Marner? Even then I doubt Calgary pulls the trigger!

You have no clue how good of a player Tkachuk really is and likely will become, Matt Tkachuk is a thoroughbred, he is as untouchable as anyone on the team, he will be the next captain of the flames.

P.S. Nylander at 18-20 was doling in the minors when Matt played his first two NHL seasons.

Reactions: Gaudfather

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Yeah that’s a bad offer for Nylander.

I mean Andersson could become a great player. And that first could be great. But no one takes that kind of risk.

But as a Flames fan, sure.

Realistically we would have to include Hanifin.

For me,

A Nylander for Karlsson (signed) deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Do you honestly think Nylander gets a signed EK?? Nylander is a very good young player but let’s be realistic for a minute. That offer would be beaten by quite a few other teams I’d imagine.

Nylander, Lils and your first might get the conversation started for a signed EK.

Reactions: snipetype

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Bennett would be a 4th line winger on Toronto so he doesn't add much to this and I wouldn't trade Nylander for Hanifin 1 for 1 so it's a pass from the Leafs.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Do you honestly think Nylander gets a signed EK?? Nylander is a very good young player but let’s be realistic for a minute. That offer would be beaten by quite a few other teams I’d imagine.

Nylander, Lils and your first might get the conversation started for a signed EK.
It's a flawed premise, regardless. The Leafs can't afford a signed EK.
I think they're going to try to win a cup on the backs of their forwards, with some saavy trade deadline adds on D.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

So when Tampa is putting together trades Point and Foote are non-starters and that's ok, but the Leafs have to package Nylander + Liljegren + 1st + even more just to get the conversation started?

Lmao, HF in a nutshell I guess.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
dude who has never hit 50pts isnt better than dude with back to back 60+ pt seasons.
Such a stupid comment. He played 76 and recently 68 game seasons... 48 and 49 points. You're really going to argue against him hitting 50?

Yet you guys can call Nylander a C with 90+ point potential. But after all Nylander > Gaudreau right?

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
So when Tampa is putting together trades Point and Foote are non-starters and that's ok, but the Leafs have to package Nylander + Liljegren + 1st + even more just to get the conversation started?

Lmao, HF in a nutshell I guess.

We aren’t discussing Tampa are we though. Nylander for EK straight up........HF in a nutshell. Nylander is a good young player but he’s being ridiculously overvalued in these trade proposals.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

You have no clue how good of a player Tkachuk really is and likely will become, Matt Tkachuk is a thoroughbred, he is as untouchable as anyone on the team, he will be the next captain of the flames.

P.S. Nylander at 18-20 was doling in the minors when Matt played his first two NHL seasons.
You won't see anyone answer this. But they are all quick to point that against Gaudreau when arguing Marner/Nylander vs Johnny. What a joke.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Give your head a shake. Marner carried Tkachuk through the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad