Proposal: Leafs/Flames

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Such a stupid comment. He played 76 and recently 68 game seasons... 48 and 49 points. You're really going to argue against him hitting 50?

Yet you guys can call Nylander a C with 90+ point potential. But after all Nylander > Gaudreau right?
Don't waste your breath, you've seen his schtick in any Flames thread, he's a notorious Flames hater.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
I did that math and I would still easily take the better player in Tkachuk.

I think it depends on the team but yeah I think the leafs would take this deal. Tkachuk would fit in well, especially considering how close he is with both Mitch and Matty

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think it depends on the team but yeah I think the leafs would take this deal. Tkachuk would fit in well, especially considering how close he is with both Mitch and Matty
Yeah, but the Flames wouldn't. The Flames desperately need a player like Tkachuk, far more than they need a Nylander.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Such a stupid comment. He played 76 and recently 68 game seasons... 48 and 49 points. You're really going to argue against him hitting 50?

Yet you guys can call Nylander a C with 90+ point potential. But after all Nylander > Gaudreau right?

Wow. Way to top a stupid comment with an even dumber one. I've also never once seen anyone claim Nylander>Gaudreau. Not once.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Do not want Nylander is Soft and Over-rated.
That doesn't apply to William Nylander as he is neither soft no overrated ( unless of course if you overrate him) You are I guess thinking of Alwx. He plays for Buffalo.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Tkachuk's 107 pts with the one year of the knights compared to Marners's 116. 1 year before, Marner had 126 points without him.
I really don't need to get into the NHL points now do I?

Please do as the NHL stats clearly show that Marner did not carry him through the OHL.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The leafs had 7 players with more points than him...including Marner by a lot.

How is that relevant?

If he was carried in the OHL he wouldn’t have made the NHL, let alone be a 40+ point guy at 18 and 19.

So again please post the NHL numbers of a guy at 18 and 19 and tell us how they show he was carried in the OHL.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Tkachuk's 107 pts with the one year of the knights compared to Marners's 116. 1 year before, Marner had 126 points without him.
I really don't need to get into the NHL points now do I?
correlation =/= causation

you're also ignore than the year before Marner had Domi. But hey, if you want to believe stupid things, feel free.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
We’d only be able to send out quantity for quality. Leafs won’t like that.

Now you guys know how HF feels when you want to give up spare parts for a car.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
How is that relevant?

If he was carried in the OHL he wouldn’t have made the NHL, let alone be a 40+ point guy at 18 and 19.

So again please post the NHL numbers of a guy at 18 and 19 and tell us how they show he was carried in the OHL.
I'd say that sub 50 point seasons does not merit a 6 OA pick. He was a 6OA pick because of Marner.
As I said, Marner had way more OHL points before him. To suggest that Marner be a piece of a trade is ridiculous. There is no universe where he is better than Marner

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd say that sub 50 point seasons does not merit a 6 OA pick. He was a 6OA pick because of Marner.
As I said, Marner had way more OHL points before him. To suggest that Marner be a piece of a trade is ridiculous. There is no universe where he is better than Marner
Jesus f***ing Christ.... do you even believe the garbage you spew?

You know the difference in their NHL production in their draft +2 seasons was a difference of 0.07 point per game right... a difference of 5-6 points over 82 games.

Also in their draft +1 seasons, Tkachuk may have been a sub 50 point NHLer, but Marner was still in London.

Using your own f***ed up logic, Marner rode someone else to being a 4th overall pick, right?

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Lol. You don’t know anything. Please leave this thread.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Jesus ****ing Christ.... do you even believe the garbage you spew?

You know the difference in their NHL production in their draft +2 seasons was a difference of 0.07 point per game right... a difference of 5-6 points over 82 games.

Also in their draft +1 seasons, Tkachuk may have been a sub 50 point NHLer, but Marner was still in London.

Using your own ****ed up logic, Marner rode someone else to being a 4th overall pick, right?
Seasoning of development doesn't work that way. Marner was still a bit small. The statistical correlation begins in year 1 of NHL
Marner rode great (even better) seasons pre Tkachuk. There was no doubt who the better player was when they were together. Don't get all sanctimonious with me because you over value Tkatchuk. He isn't in the same class and had he had to face the draft year that Marner did, he wouldn't have been top 10. Stop being so belligerent homer

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Lol. You don’t know anything. Please leave this thread.
Lol. Top points guy of one of the best offensive teams in the league is less than a sub 50 point guy on a team that doesn't make the playoffs. I don't know anything?:laugh:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Top 4 D
middle six player
and a mid late 1st
are good pieces, and all have value but i rather have that one good piece. Leafs pass.

A principle we should bear in mind with our own trade proposals. Best player in the deal defines (or wins) the deal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Fun fact

the last player drafted 6th Overall that outproduced Tkachuk in the his first 2 NHL seasons was Peter Forsberg and those were his draft +5 and draft +6 seasons.

Yet, Tkachuk, wasn't worthy of being a 6th overall pick because he only scored 97 points in his draft +1 and draft +2 seasons.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Seasoning of development doesn't work that way. Marner was still a bit small. The statistical correlation begins in year 1 of NHL
Marner rode great (even better) seasons pre Tkachuk. There was no doubt who the better player was when they were together. Don't get all sanctimonious with me because you over value Tkatchuk. He isn't in the same class and had he had to face the draft year that Marner did, he wouldn't have been top 10. Stop being so belligerent homer
I'm not being anything, just pointing out that your opinion is flat out wrong, not just wrong, but not even in the same realm as being right.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
For me,

A Nylander for Karlsson (signed) deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.

If a signed Karlsson doesnt get more than Nylander coming back there is something very wrong with the Ottawa Senators management... Oh wait... Trade incoming in 5,4,3,2...

Ya, I'd agree. It will take more than Nylander to land Karlsson if EK comes with an extension.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Sorry Flames fans. Most Leaf fans know the value of Tkachuk. Don't judge us all by this thread.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
It would take a big overpayment for the Leafs to give up Nylander.
Hanifin + Andersson +

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->