Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Flames Nov 28 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
JFC the hyman matthews brown line sucks, thats one thing that I hate that babs does.... put players who are snakebitten on the 4th line with the plugs... as if that has any way to help their confidence. Nylander needs LOOKS not dump and change cycles ffs...

Reactions: ToMaLe

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
JFC the hyman matthews brown line sucks, thats one thing that I hate that babs does.... put players who are snakebitten on the 4th line with the plugs... as if that has any way to help their confidence. Nylander needs LOOKS not dump and change cycles ffs...
yeah putting Nylander on the 4th line is embarrassingly dumb

Reactions: ToMaLe

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
it went well because Matthews can look good no matter who he plays with. that's what a generational talent can do. I think JVR - Matthews - Brown would be a lethal first line if we wanted to spread out our offense

The reason he doesn't do that is they both score the same way, around the net. He would rather have A) two lines with a net front presence and B) Not have two guys fighting each other for the puck on the same team.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Opinions of Babcock knowing nothing and some posters on here knowing better is getting old.

It's getting tedious, I could tolerate it when we're bad but Babcock's decisions had us in the playoffs after being last and have us second in the Atlantic this season.

It's time for people shut-up and let the man coach. Everyone's idea on what they think the perfect lines are is a waste of time and energy. Who cares what they think all that matters is what Babcock thinks.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
As Andy Frost said once on Leafs Talk...

"some Leafs fans will never be happy...even if they win the cup, some people will still call in complaining about how they held the cup".

Can't argue with that.

We could win the cup and go on a two game losing streak the next season and be greeted with posts like.

"Is Babcock over rated?" "Did we sacrifice long term success for one year of playoffs?"

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I've seen enough of Babcock already to know that he isn't a good coach. I think he's good in some areas, but horrible in other areas (line combos, roster choices, excessive line matching, etc.)

I personally think we should just fire him now. I think it will be very difficult to win with him if he doesn't change (and he's really stubborn, so I'm not sure he'll make the changes needed).

I think with a better coach we could have at least won a playoff round last year. This year, we should be cup condensers with this roster. I think we have the best forwards in the NHL... and our goalie is playing amazing right now. I just don't feel like we're really clicking due to poor roster choices and line combos.

If I were in charge, I would just fire him now and look for a coach we can actually win with. I don't want to go 3 or 4 years without a cup before everyone realizes that Babcock is holding the team back. We have the potential to be so much better. Obviously we're still good. Obviously we're still going to make the playoffs. I think we can still win a round or two. But I think we would have a much better chance at the cup with a coach who is using all our players optimally.

The big question is how many years are we willing to waste before we realize that Babcock isn't actually a good coach? We have a great team and we will have success despite Babcock... but I think we would be a much better team with any other NHL coach.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I've seen enough of Babcock already to know that he isn't a good coach. I think he's good in some areas, but horrible in other areas (line combos, roster choices, excessive line matching, etc.)

I personally think we should just fire him now. I think it will be very difficult to win with him if he doesn't change (and he's really stubborn, so I'm not sure he'll make the changes needed).

I think with a better coach we could have at least won a playoff round last year. This year, we should be cup condensers with this roster. I think we have the best forwards in the NHL... and our goalie is playing amazing right now. I just don't feel like we're really clicking due to poor roster choices and line combos.

If I were in charge, I would just fire him now and look for a coach we can actually win with. I don't want to go 3 or 4 years without a cup before everyone realizes that Babcock is holding the team back. We have the potential to be so much better. Obviously we're still good. Obviously we're still going to make the playoffs. I think we can still win a round or two. But I think we would have a much better chance at the cup with a coach who is using all our players optimally.

The big question is how many years are we willing to waste before we realize that Babcock isn't actually a good coach? We have a great team and we will have success despite Babcock... but I think we would be a much better team with any other NHL coach.
oh god. Did we by any chance make the playoffs last year with a team that had no business making it? What about his 3? Stanley cups? Or 3 Gold medals. Or taking the ducks to the finals? I guess all this winning is just luck. I mean the ducks where an amazing team before he got there right, same with detroit. Winning is overrated anyways.

Every where this guy goes his teams win.... but hey whatever. We should just fire him now because even though we just won 6 games in a row recently he obviously is not a good coach.... If only we could find someone that knows how to win goddamit

Reactions: MapleLeafistan

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Why would Leivo trap himself for another year with Babcock? Even if Lou gave him a promise that he would be traded - Lou is not known as someone who treats players well or keeps his word.

Nylander will escape this coach very soon due to needs (center, defense) and he's the biggest piece we have that is expendable due to the coach dislike of him so I'm not worried about him. Leivo had a chance but he signed a contract to has his career further disrupted by this guy?

I don't know what's going on in his head.

I mean this is the coach that forced a star player in Detroit to beg him to change the lines. Dumb move by Leivo to resign with this organization.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016

well now that you say that, I 100% think you should be in charge! I am going to start a petition to get Shanny and his clowns out of the front office, and when that happens, you are the man for the job, and you can finally hire a real coach!

Give your head a shake, there aren't many better coaches than Babcock, if any. This is a young team undergoing a process. Look where they are in the standings, and that's just scratching the surface.

Do i agree with everything Babcock does? Hell no.

But i do believe he knows what he is doing, and over time, you begin to realize that what he did was exactly what needed to be done

Reactions: Daisy Jane

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
oh god. Did we by any chance make the playoffs last year with a team that had no business making it? What about his 3? Stanley cups? Or 3 Gold medals. Or taking the ducks to the finals? I guess all this winning is just luck. I mean the ducks where an amazing team before he got there right, same with detroit. Winning is overrated anyways.

Every where this guy goes his teams win.... but hey whatever. We should just fire him now because even though we just won 6 games in a row recently he obviously is not a good coach.... If only we could find someone that knows how to win goddamit

He has been bitter ever since Matt "the pathetic" Frattin showed he was a horrendous NHL player.
Dont mind him.
I have seen enough of Babcock to find out that he is a great coach who should not be fired.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

Are you drunk?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Two things. You have to be fair to Brown. He's putting the puck into the net regardless of the line he plays on. Maybe he'll continue on the same line from last year.

The other things is Matthews, he has not been dominant like he was a certain points earlier in the season. Every shift, his line was always a threat to score and we have not seen that lately. To be dominant, they need all three guys going on that line. Maybe the coach wants to see Matthews' line be dominant again, as that could win the game by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad