Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Flames Nov 28 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yeah I think Calgary has some of the best fans out of the 3 but still some highly obnoxious ones. Edmonton and Vancouver are truly nightmare fan bases

Oh, it isn't limited to sports.

It is surprising the dislike of anything Toronto ... you have to explain to them here in Calgary that there's an entire province in Ontario that isn't Toronto.
Moving out here in 98 we heard, oh you must find it so much cheaper than Ontario! LOL ... first year putting the kids in public school cost us close to $1k and that more than doubled as they moved up into high school.

Klein Alberta balanced the budget by moving all the expenses to the people, no tax cuts just service cuts. Now we're paying huge rebuilding everything that was left unmaintained. Hospitals, roads.
I believe most expensive dental costs and our health care costs are probably the highest.

And listening to the best team in Canada (CFL - NHL) crap on the airwaves if the Leafs lose here yet again!

Reactions: BertCorbeau

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
People in Calgary tend to be quite a bit more chill with their Leafs hate I find.

Calgarians seem more relaxed...I think it has to do with the psyche of the city people. Calgary sees Toronto less as a threat and more as a competitor it wants to emulate. It's cute talking to people from Calgary, because they think one day they'll overtake Toronto to become Canada's economic hub. Interestingly in 2011, they overtook Montreal to become the second-largest downtown office market after Toronto. They also made a big deal about having the tallest skyscraper in Canada outside of Toronto. LOL. So they have this competitiveness about them that's kind of cool.

Vancouver is just toxic...despite it being larger than Calgary and more cosmopolitan, the people in Van are just weird. It's really comes to down a massive inferiority complex with Toronto....nothing else.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
What the hell is that lineup?

Some days you've just got to shake your head and hope for the best

actually thought nylander started to make that line a threat to score every shift when he got put there, made moore look like he could be a useful leaf player. He was flying in the 3rd.

Now if babcock is expecting him to bang and crash like a "4th liner" then he is setting him up to fail.

Polak can go and get f***ed at this point, provides us with nothing

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Those lines will last all of one period before the blender comes out again or Babs goes back to the vanilla lines.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
actually thought nylander started to make that line a threat to score every shift when he got put there, made moore look like he could be a useful leaf player. He was flying in the 3rd.

Now if babcock is expecting him to bang and crash like a "4th liner" then he is setting him up to fail.

Polak can go and get ****ed at this point, provides us with nothing

It was the same with Marner, trying to get them going on the 4th line is fine but give them something to work with, Leivo is just sitting there in the press box, at least give Nylander that

Polak is a plug, but Babcock loves the guy so what can you do?

member 262271

Trust me you have to come here to witness it. You have no idea how much Nucks fans despise the Leafs...I mean the whole Western Canada vs Eastern Canada thing exists but you don't feel that same animosity in Calgary and Edmonton like you do in Vancouver. I still haven't figured out what they're so upset about. You can actually feel the vibe in the city change leading up to the game 2 or 3 days before. It's almost like Nucks fans are over-excited about being on prime time HNIC and don't know how to react. The whole thing is just weird...and 1040 really fuels the animosity. They really like rubbing it in to Nucks fans about the 4:00pm start and get them all riled up days before the game.

Maybe it's the 4pm start I don't know...for me personally though the 4pm start is perfect...I catch the afternoon ferry over, watch the game and catch a ferry back. I have no complaints.
Up until recent years I would go out to the west coast every summer, and I was there during the 2011 playoffs (not in Vancouver, I was watching from good old Vancouver Island) - and dear lord while the people I knew could be even keeled about the whole Toronto thing, people I didn't know had this intense affront when I brought up the leafs. Needless to say I didn't have anything to cheer about then, I was even sort of hoping Vancouver could do it. Somehow my hatred for the Canucks was solidified that year - haven't looked back since. :laugh:

Reactions: MapleLeafistan

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Love when the Leafs come out west. Got tickets for Saturday's game in Van. Already a panic attack ensuing on TSN 1040...this morning they were talking about Sedin getting his 1000 point and hoping he does it against the Leafs.

Lol.

Which Sedin sister are you talking about :naughty:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I would have put

Marleau-Matthews-Hyman
Komarov-Naz-Brownie

Naz and Brown have pretty awesome chemistry.

Babcock back to flipping Brown and Willy :laugh:
Makes so much sense.

Marleau doesn't work with Kadri whatsoever, he's never been tried at Matthews' wing, Brown has always looked great alongside Kadri, and maybe, and Babcock can calm his anxiety because he's still got Hyman on Auston's wing. Hell, he might even look better on his natural side.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Calgarians seem more relaxed...I think it has to do with the psyche of the city people. Calgary sees Toronto less as a threat and more as a competitor it wants to emulate. It's cute talking to people from Calgary, because they think one day they'll overtake Toronto to become Canada's economic hub. Interestingly in 2011, they overtook Montreal to become the second-largest downtown office market after Toronto. They also made a big deal about having the tallest skyscraper in Canada outside of Toronto. LOL. So they have this competitiveness about them that's kind of cool.

Vancouver is just toxic...despite it being larger than Calgary and more cosmopolitan, the people in Van are just weird. It's really comes to down a massive inferiority complex with Toronto....nothing else.

If I had to match them I'd go:
Calgary-Toronto
Vancouver-Montreal
Edmonton-Ottawa
Victoria-Quebec?

Reactions: MapleLeafistan

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Babcock must be the most stubborn, frustrating coach ever... Moore and polak should not be playing ever. Leivo should be playing over him and get Marleau or willy to play c.

Everyone was whining for Marner to play with Matthews. Babcock complied no? Not sure why peeps think he is so different from other NHL coaches. He's not checking a social media poll about what the line-up should look like prior to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad