GDT: Leafs @ Flames - 9:30 TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I think Bogo's solid, reliable play on the third pairing was somewhat unexpected and the Leafs have not had much of a reason to take him out of the line up for a guy like Lily.
Also eh uh, bogosian's a thug sire. So we need him hezard. We ain't got many of those. Enough, but not many. Simmonds, Bogo, Hy-Man are really needed. They can pummel suckas if some fool jumps too hard. Muzzin is key too kinda.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I like it but why can't Lilly ever get in? He hasn't even been given a real chance.
Cap accumulation is the reason but it's weird how the media here never brings him up the same way they do with Sandin.

They still won't really acknowledge that he's deserving of the opportunity or ask Keefe about it.

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
AA374739-0D93-4DD8-AAC2-68A307BE2AD2.jpeg

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I always wondered why Flames fans seemed more tolerable than every other Canadian fanbase. Most of the annoying ones aren't even Flames fans, they're just Gaudreau fanboys from other teams.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It seems like I have been waiting for the game to start forever. I f***ing HATE 9 pm+ games on weeknights. Why cant the Leafs game just start at 7 pm EST... heck even 8 pm if it has to be a late start.

Its not like the canadian teams are allowing fans in the stadium. It is ridiculous

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I always wondered why Flames fans seemed more tolerable than every other Canadian fanbase. Most of the annoying ones aren't even Flames fans, they're just Gaudreau fanboys from other teams.
This explains why the Flames is the only Canadian team I actually don't mind rooting for when we don't make the playoffs.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Hindsight is 20/20 that being said it was a mediocre team who needed above average to great goaltending to hope to compete...they’re slow in a fast division you had to expect it to catch up to them...Johnny hockey can’t carry that team and that’s what they need from him...Giordano is a year older again and no longer has Brodie as his safety release valve...there were tons of signs Calgary was going to have a hard year

Their slowness was the thing that stood out to me the most yesterday. They have lots of other issues, but not only do they no play fast, they are not fast. Have to expect some moves coming in the off-season. That being said, they'll probably walk us tonight lol.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Might not be able to cut into my sleep to watch this entire game. If I knew I would see the kind of goal Matthews had last night (hip check along the boards at the blue line, steal, give-and-go goal) I would certainly try.

That goal should make top 10 of the month. Have always respected his compete and desire to improve his game. How many other players in the league could complete that sequence?

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This explains why the Flames is the only Canadian team I actually don't mind rooting for when we don't make the playoffs.

They are actually critical of meathead plays some of their players.might engage in also. They seem to have a more grounded grasp on reality and fair play, for the most part. We are living in a pandemic.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It seems like I have been waiting for the game to start forever. I f***ing HATE 9 pm+ games on weeknights. Why cant the Leafs game just start at 7 pm EST... heck even 8 pm if it has to be a late start.

Its not like the canadian teams are allowing fans in the stadium. It is ridiculous
You can justify a 7:00 MST start but this 7:30 with an eastern team is just stupid for ratings and really unnecessary.

Reactions: PromisedLand

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Simmonds starting to take some heat around here, Ferraro on TSN today was saying he liked his game last night. I agree, he’s fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad