Confirmed with Link: Leafs fire Burke

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Peter Chiarelli needs to immediately hire him as an assistant.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Not a big one, but I do like the Vanrymsdyk (sp?) trade and they do have a few good young d men in Gardner and Ryan Murray.

You mean Gardiner and Morgan Reilly. True, but they have them by sucking out loud for a generation, not out of any acumen demonstrated by anyone. ever.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I must say regardless of him doing a terrible job up there, he really is a nice guy, just a terrible gm. I wish him all the best, honestly.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I must say regardless of him doing a terrible job up there, he really is a nice guy, just a terrible gm. I wish him all the best, honestly.

Toronto is a tough market. He did will with the Ducks/Nucks.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Last I checked Burke had as many Cups as Chiarelli did... Career paths heading in different directions, but anyone who doubts he would be an asset to our front office in some capacity doesn't know what they are talking about. He has a lot of contacts and a lot of clout... Just don't let him make any trades wo running it by Chia first! :)

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Last I checked Burke had as many Cups as Chiarelli did... Career paths heading in different directions, but anyone who doubts he would be an asset to our front office in some capacity doesn't know what they are talking about. He has a lot of contacts and a lot of clout... Just don't let him make any trades wo running it by Chia first! :)

And he's willing to rent a barn and fight someone if it comes down to it. :laugh:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I've always liked him. I've always liked his mentality. He's a good guy from all accounts and a great hockey man IMO...

By all accounts from everything I've ever read, he's a helluva guy as well as a helluva hockey guy.

Is he tough, loud and old school? Yes.

And I like that too.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
By all accounts from everything I've ever read, he's a helluva guy as well as a helluva hockey guy.

Is he tough, loud and old school? Yes.

And I like that too.

The fact that the Leafs are keeping him in house speaks alot about how they feel about him leaving...He's have a new job in 5 minutes (to quote Rob Ryan) :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad