Post-Game Talk: Leafs fall again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
No point in playing any star players the next few games, let them sit, bring up a few Marlies.

Nothing to see here.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Boy, the ticket holders have been blessed with a very entertaining Leafs team this season. :sarcasm:

In both our home arenas to boot! :mad:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
About what I expected

Sparks sucking and us not great on a b2b after clinching last night against a team fighting for it's playoff life, this game was always going to be a slog

At least we showed a bit of fight I guess

Reactions: willmma

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
All this offensive fire power, and they can’t even score consistently as of late. Sad.

And then Sparks. Yikes.

Hopefully they can put it together quickly, or it’s an early tee time.

Reactions: glue

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
we'll probably go into the playoffs with 5 wins in 15 games... not looking good
Good shooting stats highlighted by a loooooww PDO...

Should be worth noting that the post season is the first time all our defensemen will be in the lineup. Also won't be seeing a lot of Sparks. Oh and Freddy isn't ice cold anymore, with the added benefit of some rest.

Reactions: saffronleaf

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
No point in getting worked up; Sparks in net is 90% a loss anyway

wanna blame someone; blame Dubas. he makes decision based on crystal ball

Reactions: EN4CER

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Does anyone know what is the Leafs record in back to back games? I can’t imagine it being better than .250. Team just sucks on back to backs and Sparks letting in rotten goals doesn’t help one bit.

They whiffed on their chances.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
All this offensive fire power, and they can’t even score consistently as of late. Sad.

And then Sparks. Yikes.

Hopefully they can put it together quickly, or it’s an early tee time.
Already booked!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No point in playing any star players the next few games, let them sit, bring up a few Marlies.

Nothing to see here.

Why? I definitely want a full roster against Montreal. It will be a playoff type game with Montreal fighting for their lives. It’s great practice for the team before they head to the playoffs.

I don’t care if we can’t go higher than 3rd seed. I’d rather not f***ing give the Habs an easy win when we have won like 7 straight against them.

Reactions: Cobra777 and DanM

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Even if Toronto showed up, they would've lost with Sparks in net, same as the game against Ottawa. When you let in crap goals so early and often, you deflate your team's momentum. There is no bigger momentum killer than one of the worst goaltenders of the last 10 years in the NHL than Sparks.

Leafs have sucked with Andersen too though and have really been **** and .500 for 4 months.

That's a BS excuse to put the game on your scapegoat. This was 100% a team effort, and if Andersen was in net, they still would have lost with that kind of effort... And deservedly so.

If you are so weak minded that you lose composure after one bad goal, your team is not playoff worthy. You are hardly even NHL worthy. Luckily, teams are usually not that weak minded. I hope the Leafs are not one of those teams, but today, they played like it.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Can anyone imagine the reaction if Dubas picked a 35 year old 4th liner over an AHL star?

I love how now it’s so different for goalies

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
1 goal support for Sparks.

Sure, he's been crap. But the complete lack of goal support for him makes it appear worse than it is.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Funny seeing Jordan Staal lose his shit over getting kicked out of a neutral zone FO in a 3-1 game with less than a minute to go whilst playing for Carolina no less. If only we could see that level of bat shit crazy from some Leafs.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
3-0 Boston in the first 10 min in game 1. Leafs never recover. Summed up the 2019 Maple leafs playoffs for you guys.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Does anyone know what is the Leafs record in back to back games? I can’t imagine it being better than .250. Team just sucks on back to backs and Sparks letting in rotten goals doesn’t help one bit.

They whiffed on their chances.

Sparks plays the back-to-backs and is 8-9-1 this year. I'm guessing that is close to the back-to-back record.

Which is a better record than they deserve, because as you said, they should be at about a .250 based on their play.

Feb 24, 2004
It’s baffling the differences at 6 on 5 vs 5 on 6.

When our goalie is pulled, we struggle to set up in the opponents zone.

When the opponents goalie is, it’s a shooting gallery.

Has to be a coaching thing...probably a mixture of our over reliance on the stretch pass and requiring our wingers to collapse in our zone.

If you’re not fearing being up a goal late in a playoff game, you haven’t been paying attention. We’re a ticking time bomb.

Reactions: ktownhockey and Pi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad