Dreger: Leafs eyeing Coleman to replace Hyman?

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I wouldn't want to sign in Toronto at this point to be completely honest
I would not come here if I was Coleman
although I do hope he signs with us
I'm thinking after tge backlash after this year's debacle
The leafs will have to overpay to get quality proven winners
My guess MLSE BOARD went to Shanahan saying "ITS YOUR MESS "
But at least Minnesota showed dubas whst he's facing in 2 years if they continue
To crap the bed

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Don't really see why a player from Texas who is married to someone in Texas would come play for Toronto, who due to cap constraints, very likely won't be the highest bidder.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I'm thinking after tge backlash after this year's debacle
The leafs will have to overpay to get quality proven winners
My guess MLSE BOARD went to Shanahan saying "ITS YOUR MESS "
But at least Minnesota showed dubas whst he's facing in 2 years if they continue
To crap the bed

Or NHL players are not as emotional and irrational as the fans and they understand that Toronto is a very good team and has an opportunity to win a championship with this group and they think can help them push them over the edge.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the problem is that probably every GM has made the brilliant idea to add Coleman as a cheaper option than guys like Hyman.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Dreger is useless anymore .he's about 4th or 5th best in breaking things
Hockey insiders are basically crap compared to NFL OR MLB insiders

Ok.. it would still be a good signing by TO tho regardless of who started the rumor

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The fact this thread exists explains why he says things like this.

If he was being completely honest he'd add "Moving forward, there is literally no chance this happens."

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Or NHL players are not as emotional and irrational as the fans and they understand that Toronto is a very good team and has an opportunity to win a championship with this group and they think can help them push them over the edge.
if montreal doesn't win the cup i'd like to see toronto win it . and not saying this to cause trouble but i really think they have get tougher to go through four rounds of playoff hockey

Reactions: EquivalentStay

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Coleman is at a point where he is no longer gonna be cheap depth, the Leafs need to get the type of player he is before its time they cash in. Unfortunately, Dubas wouldn't know how to find anyone unless they play the skill game and are 5'9 and under

Reactions: ultra63

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I can see him signing in Colorado! especially if landeskog walks, they could sign Coleman for half the money it’ll take to sign landeskog.

would fit in nicely there imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad