Dreger: Leafs eyeing Coleman to replace Hyman?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Blake Coleman, now with two cups, grew up in Plano, spends his off-seasons in Texas, was season ticket holder for Stars, married a Cowboys cheerleader and is building a home in Dallas.

So probably the Leafs
(for less money)
time for toronto fans to complain about the unfair advantage of texas team's.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
(Coleman while scrolling through his phone at the kitchen table)

"What do you think about Toronto?"

(His wife from the other end of the house)

"Like... you mean playing there?!!!"

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Coleman is under rated. Would be a good signing by the Leafs if they ended up getting this guy.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Coleman, Goodrow, Janmark, Hyman, etc... all similar type players but need good players around them to be
considered top 6 guys. At the end of the day these types of players ( who have all had good seasons) cash in on the eye chart test,
but teams have to be leary of long term 5-7 million AAV on these guys because that's what gets there team in trouble down the road because
at the end of the day they are 3RD & 4th players and you can't be paying that kind of cash to 3RD & 4th line players.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Coleman is a DFW native and there is constant connection between him and the Stars. I would say Dallas gets him if i were a betting man.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I guess consider Coleman likely Dallas bound but no doubt Toronto is interested.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Blake Coleman, now with two cups, grew up in Plano, spends his off-seasons in Texas, was season ticket holder for Stars, married a Cowboys cheerleader and is building a home in Dallas.

So probably the Leafs
(for less money)

HA! That's excellent.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014

So probably the Leafs
(for less money)
If you had your sights set on Dallas, it's going to be hard to get full value from a team that thinks you're their #1 target. The agent needs to drive his market value up, and what better way to do that then to leak to the media that the Leafs are interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad