Eklund Rumor: Leafs eyeing: (ANA) Rakell, and (BUF) Staal

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Wasn’t zucker heavily critiqued for his 2 way game in Minnesota?

No, I don't know how you came up with that crap. If that was the case we would of never traded for him. Rutherford looked for fits to play Sullivan's system. Players like Zucker, Kapanen, McCann, and Tanev are all examples of that and Rutherford traded or signed them all since 2019. The last thing Pens would of traded for was a player heavily critiqued for his 2 way game. Now your just making things up.

Reactions: Mick Jagr

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I think the leafs do something like

OUT
Andersen +(Vesey/Kerfoot/Engvall) prospect + 1st

IN
Korpisalo + Foligno/Domi/Jenner (depending on prospect/pick(s))

*likely a 3rd team to take Andersen (minimal salary left, change of scenery)

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Rakell is a top 6 forward, 27 years old, only makes $3.8M a season and is the type of player who could be a stud in the right system/with the right linemates. I think he would easily fetch a 1st at the deadline next year, so a 1st and a 2nd/B prospect seems very low to me. Idk why the ducks would move him for anything less than the equivalent of two firsts. I think he'd be a stupid good fit on a team like the leafs or Oilers.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Rakell is a top 6 forward, 27 years old, only makes $3.8M a season and is the type of player who could be a stud in the right system/with the right linemates. I think he would easily fetch a 1st at the deadline next year, so a 1st and a 2nd/B prospect seems very low to me. Idk why the ducks would move him for anything less than the equivalent of two firsts. I think he'd be a stupid good fit on a team like the leafs or Oilers.

Agreed. Rakell should thrive on a good team just like he did when the Ducks were still good. Asking for the equivalent of two firsts seems right in line with his ability. Plus, whoever goes for him is likely not viewing him as a rental, thus making the value less debatable.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario

I know that they play a different position but i see Rakell return being similar to what the leafs paid to get Muzzin. A 1st and two B prospects.
The Ducks are also at the contract limit so i believe they would have to send a body or two our way.
Rakell 50% and Terry for 1st, 3rd, Abramov/Hallander and Kivihalme

Reactions: Getz2noone

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Is Rakell that big of an upgrade to Kerfoot that would justify losing a 1st, a good prospect, and the potential pick it would take to move Kerfoot out? I would much rather spend that on a defenseman. A guy like Manson or Ekholm
Nope.... maybe rakell gets you ten more points a season. Look at his history. Had one good season and then ninja dust.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nope.... maybe rakell gets you ten more points a season. Look at his history. Had one good season and then ninja dust.
He still puts up a pace of 50+ points while being the only skilled player in the line up.... he has no centers to playoff but every time he’s had capable centers he’s had big years.... tore it up with prime getz, and tore it up with zib . 1 of those seasons I played with an injuries wrist.... the 2nd 1 he was just surrounded with players that don’t generate any offense. He’s having a really good year this year despite a very low shooting percentage vs his career average and one of the worst offensive teams in the league. He’s changed his game up a bit and became more of a playmaker because the ducks lack of talent, he’s also pretty underrated as a 200 ft player.

kerfoot is an anchor when he plays on top 6 with skilled players, Rakell isn’t an anchor when playing with top 6 players. If you don’t think Rakell is a big improvement you are very biased fan and prob seen very little of him. All that is before you even take his contract into consideration, and the value that contract has to a team like Toronto that doesn’t have much wiggle room

Granted idk why I’m wasting my time on you, you are clearly a troll giving Toronto fans a bad rep on these forums

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Late 1st and a B/B+ prospect.
If I'm the Oilers, I make a deal like that for Rakell all day long. It all depends on agreeing on the prospect I guess. Considering it is a B prospect, would it be a "close to the NHL but unlikely top line player" or "boom/bust - top six or nothing" type guy be of more interest?

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Am I crazy for thinking that the Leafs don't need another scoring forward?? What about goaltending and defense?

This wide open style isn't going to work in the playoffs, you need to keep the puck out too.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Rakell really hasn’t struggled at all.... he just lacks teammates.

as for the other post

prob 1st + prospect....prospect depending retention + cap dumps etc

I’d say

1st + amirov or liljegren + engvall or vessy for Rakell at 50%

I know some leaf fans will have a mental breakdown reading that tho

Or you’ll get the leaf fans expansion draft we might lose holl.... which isn’t exactly a great argument either
Thats an insanely stupid overpayment. I say no.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
If I'm the Oilers, I make a deal like that for Rakell all day long. It all depends on agreeing on the prospect I guess. Considering it is a B prospect, would it be a "close to the NHL but unlikely top line player" or "boom/bust - top six or nothing" type guy be of more interest?

Ducks would be more interested in boom/bust, as they are starved for goal scoring but have plenty of 3rd line prospects.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Why does Toronto hate their Goalie so much?

Because Andersen sucks and has been playing worse than an average backup for 2 years now

They need something to blame, he’s the scape goat right now... when they trade him they’ll find a new scape goat

No, he just sucks. Blame the person who deserves the blame. Dermott has been shit too. The leafs are still sitting at the top of the division, generally it's teams near the bottom that need a scapegoat. It's more of addressing a major concern so that this group can become a legitimate cup threat.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Leafs playoff success is going to live or die on goaltending. Obviously you try to improve your forwards but not at the cost of 1st round picks.

Reactions: WillyNy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad